how aweful was that and what was with the foo fighters cover?!?!

y are all superbowl halftime shows horrible
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
or more importantly: Why is Prince so bad at pretending to play guitar? It didn't even look a little bit like he was actually playing.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Prince is a great guitarist. End of topic.

And there are already like 4 threads about it.

Jesus Christ.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I saw it. It was alright.. He should have played his own songs instead of those covers

best was Purple Rain
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by cubs
whats happens if you get that stuff on your shirt? cus yesterday i was at a party and i got some on my shirt, will the stains go off?
i actually thought he did a decent job.

i had low expectations going in to the performance, since ive never really liked Prince that much, but i enjoyed it.

and he was playing the guitar. Prince is actually a pretty good guitar player.
yea haha and that guitar he had on purple rain is so bad lol

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by daytripper75
i actually thought he did a decent job.

i had low expectations going in to the performance, since ive never really liked Prince that much, but i enjoyed it.

and he was playing the guitar. Prince is actually a pretty good guitar player.

i do give him credit for playing in the rain and i did like the stage other than that i didnt like it

Quote by thebrewfan
Quote by Aceroth
or more importantly: Why is Prince so bad at pretending to play guitar? It didn't even look a little bit like he was actually playing.

yeou, my friend, are an idiot.
Quote by feenux258
How awesome was that? I mean, he covered (quite amazingly) a Foo Fighters song, opened with Let's Party and ended with Purple Rain.

Why are all superbowl halftime shows so sexfully awesome-tastic?

P.S. Zukev=HAWT!

I couldn't agree more.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
I loved his version of that Foo Fighters song, and Purple Rain was pretty awesome. It kicked the shit out of the last couple of half time shows.
it was a decent performance, but he should have played his own stuff instead of covers, but i think it was better than last years halftime show with the rolling stones
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
Ok, first of all Prince is very underrated. And yes, the Superbowl has had its share of crappy half-time performances, but not all of them are bad. Let's not forget Paul McCartney's killer performance two years ago.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
i like the foo fighter version better but it was a great show. Prince is awesome
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
let's just say i like the original best of you song better than prince's cover of it.
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
yes paul mccartneys was awesome and i have to agree princes was better than the rolling stones and i like the rolling stones alot but damn mick jagger couldnt stand still

Quote by thebrewfan
I didn't like it that much either but the marching band uniform things were pretty neato. Not all the halftime shows are bad the Paul McCartney one a few years ago was awesome

edit. darn beaten to it about Paul I got side tracked
Quote by uncle_jimmy
not only do you like the beatles you're amazing. i love you.
does anyone have a link to the performance, i missed it

paul mccartney FTW
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by feenux258
how aweful was that and what was with the foo fighters cover?!?!

y are all superbowl halftime shows horrible

Quicherbitchen.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
how many threads are there on this
Quote by ShizNick
I once had a blind girlfriend... I used to always tell her that i was giving her a nice sticky lolly pop but it was actually my...

... nevermind. im going to hell.
Hey.. youtube the george harrison tribute of while my guitar gently weeps.

Prince CAN play guitar.

And as far as synching the show.. he had to do it at least once before that. Its not like the Macy's day parade where they play the album version of a song while the performer just lips the words out.. this was instrumentated properly and It quite possibley couldve been live. At one time they all had to record it if it was done that way, and its still pretty awesome how he was able to take all along the watchtower and get it into best of you.

Get off the mans back.. youre all probably jealous of his guitar ability coupled with showmanship. He is a bit crazy tho.. so whatever.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
It wasn't that bad. I don't like Prince, but he did a decent job, even though his singing pisses me off at times.
Go get your shovel.
It was awesome. You just can't stand the fact that your favorite band didn't play in the halftime show.

Prince > Foo Fighters.
Sent from my iPad.