What is it? What is the brand, model, price, anything! the headstock resemblea guild but it can be found on the Ibanez hollowbodies. Please help identify this.
Uh..carl thomspon guitar?

or some sort of homemade one.

who is that guy?
hey guy!
I think that's one of those Ibanez SG copies that they used to make

edit: It's definitely an older Ibanez guitar
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Pat Metheny, Jazz fusion guitarists. I first heard him when I was seven and I picked up the guitar because of him.
Quote by lemon
I think that's one of those Ibanez SG copies that they used to make

edit: It's definitely an older Ibanez guitar

Yeah, with that second picture you can now tell it's an older Ibanez guitar. I have this guitar encyclopedia I bought from Waldenbooks that has that guitar in the Ibanez History, I'm pretty sure.
LSD

"Member #5 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join."
pat metheny

he usually uses a hollow body...ive never seen him with a solid wow...surprised me lol, i have no idea what that is lol
thats pat metheny, great guitarist, as for the guitar im not sure wht it is
More info on the mystery guitar.

David Byrne also uses that guitar on Stop Making Sense and I've always wondered what it was. He plays it on slippery people and crosseyed and painless. On another guitar forum they thought it might be a guild too, but none of the guild models fit its shape exactly. I thought all the switches might have been added aftermarket but theyre there on both the metheny pic and on byrnes

• Possibly an old Ibanez
  • If you look at the first two pictures at the beginning they are actually two different guitars
  • I have identified someone who created a vintage Ibanez site and hopefully will get an e-mail back from him

HELP IDENTIFY THE MYSTERY GUITAR
It's an old BC rich of some form, judging by the logo and the headstock shape...

EDIT: and I mean REALLY OLD
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Last edited by john_latchem at Feb 5, 2007,
Are you sure, I don't know why a jazz player would play a B.C. Rich, nothing against the guitars but I can't see Pat playing a B.C. Rich. Plus, every vintage B.C. Rich site I have checked have no models like that down.
BC rich weren't always metal y'know, their roots are in classical guitars, their old stuff is quite positively quaint. And if he's a proper guitarist he'll use it based on its sonic merits rather than the image conjured by the brand.

Quote by Ferdinandstrat
By the headstock I think it's a Guild.

that's what I was thinking
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
I mean, i'm not guaranteeing anything here, its just my opinion that the headstock and the logo look very much like that of the very early BC rich guitars. Suffice to say whatever it is, if you're lookin to get one, it'd probly be cheaper to buy his. :P

It is actually a Roland guitar synth controller. And the other one with a whammy bar was made for him by Ibane as a prototype for new models that never got made.
I think it's an Ibanez "The Professional" 2617. I have an electric guitar encyclopedia
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by cubs
whats happens if you get that stuff on your shirt? cus yesterday i was at a party and i got some on my shirt, will the stains go off?