okay i want to make this schecter (the bada bling model):

http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Medium/000002763.jpg

look like this one (with out the background color being white and the fret inlays):

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/john_rambo4567/Zacky.jpg

i know that it is Zacky vengeances guitar but i like the look of it and i would love to be able to replicate it with the platinum finish on it so if you could help me by suggesting certain techniques for painting methods then i would appreciate it. DO NOT FLAME ME BECAUSE I WANT TO DUPLICATE THIS GUITAR!

so anything USEFUL please post and let me know!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
... you could bleed on it??? and then when the blood starts getting disgusting wipe it off, and then bleed some more, don't kill yourself

yeah I don't know, red paint... I don't know but I imagine it would take some work

and the guitar does look kinda cool, but that dude carrying it looks like some kind of american indian fag
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
oh my fing god. i just want to copy this guitar bc i like it not because it is original i just like the style. now i don;t want to get into any fights with anyone of: "if you like A7x youre a poser....... they aren't even original!" i can do that in the A7X thread i just want help with the guitar poject so if there is anything USEFULLLL for you to say then please speak up. if not go away i dont care what the **** you think!

oh and the guy carrying the guitar.... for those of you who don't seem to know..... IS Zacky Vengeance!
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Just sand the shine off it and splash some red paint on it. The end. It's pretty simple. The put some clear over the top.

Edit: Don't use real blood it goes a dirty brown/yellow colour. I dripped a bit of real blood on mine to compare..
okay but i want to keep the shine on the platinum... i just want to add the red. if i sand the shine off how do i get it back? or is that what the clear coat will do? bc i have sanded other guitars to repaint them but the shine never comes back like it was.... how can i avoid that? or rather get the shine back to its original state?
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by SchecterFreak
oh my fing god. i just want to copy this guitar bc i like it not because it is original i just like the style. now i don;t want to get into any fights with anyone of: "if you like A7x youre a poser....... they aren't even original!" i can do that in the A7X thread i just want help with the guitar poject so if there is anything USEFULLLL for you to say then please speak up. if not go away i dont care what the **** you think!

No dude, I didn't mean to insult you, the guitar does look kinda cool
but I don't know how to do the blood splatter style,

the only way I can think of doing it is stripping the paint off and then dotting it with red paint, but I think you want to keep your nice silver finish... so I guess I'm of no assistance... so I'm going to sleep
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
The clear should make it shine again if you do it properly. Use a pretty fine sandpaper. About 300 400 and use really good quality clear acrylic. I used the one they use for cars and it worked awesome.

If you use acrylic enamel for the blood splatters if you don't like how it looks and you're quick enough, you can wipe it off with a damp cloth. Water based paint is probably best to use for that reason.
Quote by juniorfr3ak

and the guitar does look kinda cool, but that dude carrying it looks like some kind of american indian fag

I take offense to that you asshole. I am Native American. **** Off.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
okay guys no personal vendettas here. i just want to know how to go about painting this guitar...... but i will try those sugesstions!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
i would clean the guitar of any oils and other crap that will mess with the paint, then i would take a sponge, and dip it in paint, then kinda dab the guitar, or take a paint brush and "fling" paint onto it, which will give a splatter, then let that dry a bit (i forgot what that step is called) then clear coat it, and so on and so fourth
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
To me it looks like the painter just took and dropped some paint at certain points and held the guitar at a slant to get some runs, and then rubbed it in a little.

The eyeshadow... not so cool. The being a redsox fan.... AWESOME!
so you thinki won't have to take the finish of the original guitar off? is that what your saying?
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
okay i will try that.... i am a litttle nervous about starting this but iwant to do it i just dont want to fuc it up.
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
any other useful ideas?
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
the only way to do it is that one^^^

Otherwise, it will get ****ed up with time, you should clearcoat it after the paint has cured, or else it could still get ****ed up.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
okay i will;!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
idk im kinda 50/50 on if you should sand it down a little or not so the paint will stick..

maybe just do a little test on the back of the guitar like try sanding a little part and see if the red paint will stick on the unsanded/sanded better

but i like the idea of the sponge or flinging it on with a paintbrush (i think that would look tight)
Quote by Kick Me
How much do cigarettes cost?
I'll tell you how much cigarettes cost.
One life my friend, one life.

yeah i was thinkning that too.... i will try that thanx!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by TheDev01dOne
What's with his gay eye makeup?

Normally I'd be all "hey! that's our word", but even the entire genre of hair metal had manlier make-up.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club