Why do 'Emo's' usually have their hair cut unevenly, and hanging over one eye?

Page 1 of 3
I mean really..... What does it achieve?
I used to be emo, I and did the whole short hair over one eye thing, but
I don't remember my reason.
Why guys?
Gore AND Core; unite!
it's a style. does dressing punk, prep, goth or anything else acheive shit? nope.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
yeah, true. But, Most style's dont have a hair-cut to go along with the fashion
Gore AND Core; unite!
why don't you ask this in.....

THE OTHER F*UCKING EMO THREAD
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
I have this one friend who always tilts his head to the right when he walks, it's bloody hillarious, he's trying to get his hair to stay over towards the right all day.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
I used to be deathcore

Did you now? that's interesting
Gore AND Core; unite!
why do you have the ugly hairstyle you have now?

hm?

they like it end of story
they think it looks cool
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_

kinda, not really...

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
Quote by Shredder6

Because, bar idiots like you, the Pit responds quickly, and is USUALLY entertaining

Why do you care what thread I post it in?
Gore AND Core; unite!
I think you should shut up, dumb subject, dumb thread. Who cares what anyones hair looks like? They can cut their hair any way they want too, I do.

Why do you call people who have their hair like that 'emos'?...I am far more interested in the USA's eternal aim to label and group people in to stereotpyes.(I am only assuming you are from the USA by the way, it just seems that the term emos has been derived from the USA and it seems a hugely popular word in the US used by US teens)
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_

Hair metal?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by Kurt_Morrelo
I have this one friend who always tilts his head to the right when he walks, it's bloody hillarious, he's trying to get his hair to stay over towards the right all day.

That's awesome man
Gore AND Core; unite!
I used to be punk. Before I realized how not punk it was to be alive, breathing the man's air.

Then I killed myself.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
isn't it obvious? it's so when we bring guns to school we won't have to waste time by closing one eye when we aim.
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
Why do punks have liberty spikes and mohawks? Why do rap fans wear bling and doo-rags? Why do metal heads...have...whatever fashion they have?

It's part of the fashion...there's no significance to it.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
I use that haircut and Im not emo
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory
Quote by dantheman105
I think you should shut up, dumb subject, dumb thread. Who cares what anyones hair looks like? They can cut their hair any way they want too, I do.

Why do you call people who have their hair like that 'emos'?...I am far more interested in the USA's eternal aim to label and group people in to stereotpyes.(I am only assuming you are from the USA by the way, it just seems that the term emos has been derived from the USA and it seems a hugely popular word in the US used by US teens)

I am Australian, & I hate the term. I hae stereotypes, but that was bugging me.
That's why I said 'emo' in quotes
Gore AND Core; unite!
Oh, and, after all, this is THE PIT. Threads about dumb things are plentiful here
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by cosmic rocker
I use that haircut and Im not emo

Noones Emo
Assholes just use "emo" as an "inslut"
Emo is a genre of music
ppl can be depressed tho
Quote by DementedHippie
isn't it obvious? it's so when we bring guns to school we won't have to waste time by closing one eye when we aim.

Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by ibanez_player
Noones Emo
Emo is a genre of music
ppl can be depressed tho

An 'inslut'?
But, as I said, I hate stereotypes. The only problem is, there are a bunch of kids at my school who think it is cool to act 'emo', when depression is a very serious thing. That shit's me off.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by ibanez_player
Noones Emo
Emo is a genre of music
ppl can be depressed tho

OMFG RLY? I DiDn'T NoE TaT!!!1
U PwNeD tAt n00B!!!
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
why would you think deeper than you even have to. its a hairstyle, thats all it is, just hair which for something reason or the other has to have some sort of deep philosophical meaning to you just because your a ****in idiot who thinks your even more original by not following a damn trend.
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
Oh, and, after all, this is THE PIT. Threads about dumb things are plentiful here

Just because it's the pit, doesn't mean you have to be an idiot.
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
I used to be deathcore

I used to be applecore.

And oh my freaking cat is going to die but there's already how many threads on this?!
Quote by krip420
why would you think deeper than you even have to. its a hairstyle, thats all it is, just hair which for something reason or the other has to have some sort of deep philosophical meaning to you just because your a ****in idiot who thinks your even more original by not following a damn trend.

Oh yes, that makes me original.
I wouldn't claim that it is originality on my part not to follow trends, but a lack of the aforementioned originality on their parts, for actually following them
Gore AND Core; unite!
At my school the most depressed people are the chearleeders. The emo kids all dry hump each other in the commons, and no one is ever sad when they are humping someone. And the swooshy hair looks cool when it's going back and forth during.
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
Quote by Shredder6

Your post made me...

LAUGH MY F*CKING ASS OFF!!!!
Why do 'Emo's' usually have their hair cut unevenly

They do the cutting themselves.

*snap*
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Asking why someone's hair is one way is like asking why we wear clothes. We just do because we're trend *****s. We wanna be like animals and have something covering our skin so we wear clothes. It's all about fitting in with a certain group.
I don't know, maybe the trend was started by Jerry only and the devilock? (But Jerry's way cooler than emos)
Quote by Inertiaaa
I used to be punk. Before I realized how not punk it was to be alive, breathing the man's air.

Then I killed myself.

dude.... that's freakin awesome lol way to stick it to the man lol
Page 1 of 3