i stumbled upon a chord in a tab here at this site. the chord is labeled Hm but looks exactly like a Bm, but the Bm labeled in the tab is actually an A#m and it is messing me up. would someone explain to me what the heck an H is or what this is all about... or if the person who wrote the tab is just an idiot.

Hm x24432
Bm 688666

that is how the chords are labeled if what i said is confusing
actually what u have labeled up there as a B-minor is actually b-flat, Bm is on the seventh fret, or the second, the Hm is in fact Bm, from what i have picked up Hm is another name for Bm in some other cultures or something like that
the first one is Bm, the second is as u said A#m, maybe the tabber is a douche, or he pressed h instead of b cos they are close together
I believe it's in Germany , or somewhere in the UK where the notate what we call a B note as an 'H', and what we call a Bb note (A# enharmonic) as a 'B'.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
the tabber is just a little bit stupid then but that makes more sense because i looked at it and they labeled the tuning as EADGHe, but the dumb thing is that they made the progression go from Hm to Bm which is exactly the same when it should change and that tripped me up... so this person is just inept
well if nightwind is correct then actually the tabber makes perfect sense cuz by Hm, they mean Bm, and then by Bm they mean A#, which is kinda weird sounding but you could probably make something cool out of it, so in reality what you are playin is Bm on the second fret followed by an A# on the sixth fret, shit i confused myself, haha
Quote by stubs_88
the tabber is just a little bit stupid then but that makes more sense because i looked at it and they labeled the tuning as EADGHe, but the dumb thing is that they made the progression go from Hm to Bm which is exactly the same when it should change and that tripped me up... so this person is just inept

Did you read my post above yours?! I explained it all to a degree.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by cris9288
well if nightwind is correct then actually the tabber makes perfect sense cuz by Hm, they mean Bm, and then by Bm they mean A#, which is kinda weird sounding but you could probably make something cool out of it, so in reality what you are playin is Bm on the second fret followed by an A# on the sixth fret, shit i confused myself, haha

Ya, that would make sense. Although weird, it makes sense.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
why is this thread still continuing? it should have ended here:

Quote by nightwind
I believe it's in Germany , or somewhere in the UK where the notate what we call a B note as an 'H', and what we call a Bb note (A# enharmonic) as a 'B'.
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
We definitely don't call B 'H' in the UK. Just to clarify...
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Wikipedia:

In music:

* H is a note in the German system, corresponding to B natural;

Done done and done.