I bought a new Ibanez RGR321EX1 and it has one of those fixed bridges, which is new to me.

Now, I can strum moderately hard for about 30 seconds and then listen intently and notice that it has gone out of tune.

One other thing I must mention is that I bought it off the wall. I am going to be taking it back to the store for their warantee maintenance, but out of curiosity I want to know what could be wrong. Is there something wrong with the bridge? Could the tuning knobs be lose? What should I tell the guy when I go back in?
Quote by copet
I bought a new Ibanez RGR321EX1 and it has one of those fixed bridges, which is new to me.

Now, I can strum moderately hard for about 30 seconds and then listen intently and notice that it has gone out of tune.

One other thing I must mention is that I bought it off the wall. I am going to be taking it back to the store for their warantee maintenance, but out of curiosity I want to know what could be wrong. Is there something wrong with the bridge? Could the tuning knobs be lose? What should I tell the guy when I go back in?

People at guitar stores usually string guitars well, and then people play them and muff it up. There is a big chance that the strings are either dead, or wound the wrong way on the tuning pegs. Give the strings a change, check the bridge to make sure nothing is loose, etc.

And fixed bridges are new to you? You've had tremolos before fixed bridges?
Could be bad strings, could be bad tuners slipping, could be the strings were never strung properly to begin with and are slipping off the tuners, could be the strings were never played before and are stretching out. Most times it's best to tune the strings and then act like you're doing string bends while playing a few times and then tune again, then bend, tune, bend, tune a few more times. Then once they stop going out of tune while bending you're good. Come back a day later do the same thing again checking tuning. If you tune and bend and retune after every string change you will quickly get into tune, stay there, and enjoy playing more without going out of tune so fast.
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
I meant RGR521EX1 not 321 btw.

Also, yeah I used a mexi-strat before. I figure I don't know much about guitars so I'll let the guy at the shop dabble with it. The fact that its off the wall makes me think that the strings may be a little dull from other potential buyers, but we will see. thanks very much!