Page 1 of 2
OK Silvik is back in the saddle again, and i took all the constructive criticism, and i am changing my design. I am still using my stuff from the build.

The neck that have
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

The bridge (this is the single locking tremlo)
Picture 1
Picture 2
Ok so thats another FR that i have for my other guitar but the hardware in the box is for this guitar.

The Pickups that i have, They are very hot (here is a sound sample provided by the main company Sound Sample )
Picture 1

The maple top that will look amazing (its really a veneer)
Picture 1

The body style looks some thing like this
Picture 1
PS i did all of that with a coping saw, omg my arm hurts lol, and you cant see one horn because my clothes are covering it (sry)

I started some routing,
Picture 1
PS all of this was done with a dremel with the 1/8 inch router bit. Patience is key.
PSS you can see the other horn in this picture.
Last edited by Tooch0007 at Feb 5, 2007,
The title says i need help so here is where i start asking questions.

I need the humbucker cavity design, like a template but i just need the dimensions, does anybody know of any, i did a quick Google search and i couldn't find anything, that i could get for free.
BTW most of your pictures aren't working. I'd recommend Imageshack instead of Facebook.
MG Free At Last
Quote by ljplum12
BTW most of your pictures aren't working. I'd recommend Imageshack instead of Facebook.

Took your advice pictures should work now.
Consider cutting back the length of the neck pocket. There isn't a need for it to be that long. That's just material that's going to be in your way when you play higher up on the neck.

Regards,

Rob
That neck Inlay is amazing!
PLEASE tell me you're painting it white and using either black or gold hardware, or something that looks equally as classy.
That body looks so evil yet so damn classy.
The length of the neck pocket is so i can round part of the heel i guess you would call it. This way im not running into a wood wall when i slide up the neck for crazy solos. That is why the neck pocket is so long, this way i am not interfering with the neck setting.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
That neck Inlay is amazing!
PLEASE tell me you're painting it white and using either black or gold hardware, or something that looks equally as classy.
That body looks so evil yet so damn classy.

I am using black hardware, but because i have the maple veneer for the top I can't paint over that with a consciouses, but i am going to dye the veneer green to a black starburst (really quick at the edges) the sides and back will be black, and im going to do the same with the neck (if i have enough maple left when im done put it on the head stock) dye the top green, and again a quick starburst to black and then the back and sides will be black.
Oh now thats a classy paint job!
It gets my approval!
I forgot about green 'burst' style paintjobs they also look classy, along with blue and silver ones, sunburts are more "average joe" IMO
How would i go about in covering or removing the "Gutarheads.net" from my pickups?

Any ideas.

I'm going to spray paint the body so i guess i could do a quick pass over the face of the pups. I think a semi flat would look good on the pups and the body, the clear acrylic should give me the shine i want, right?
You could always paint the pickups, but I would first try running over the logo lightly with a knife or razor blade of some sort. Hopefully it would just scrap off. If that doesnt work I would just paint over the pickup. Don't go painting happy though, just enough to cover the logo.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
The cutouts at the side could be bigger, but besides that the guitar looks pretty legit.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by pyromaniac7234
You could always paint the pickups, but I would first try running over the logo lightly with a knife or razor blade of some sort. Hopefully it would just scrap off. If that doesnt work I would just paint over the pickup. Don't go painting happy though, just enough to cover the logo.

The knife worked but the scratches although slight were noticeable so i just went over with some quad all steel wool. worked wonders.

Does anyone know a good way to work with veneers i did a rough cut and it split in a few places, nothing that i don't think is two bad, but enough that i need another method, brand new exacto and it caught a few times, any suggestions?
Quote by PrinceofDragons
They say when a dragon looks into your eyes he takes part of your soul, so a word of advice don't look into his eyes

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
A Pagan style active guitar
Alverez RD8SB
A small little practice amp
you gotta round off that top horn a bit; it looks like it doesn't belong.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
It looks sorta like a Pagan, which is one of the only "evil" guitars I truly like the look of. So I'm interested in seeing where this'll go. Lots of pictures, please.
Quote by Pikka Bird
It looks sorta like a Pagan, which is one of the only "evil" guitars I truly like the look of. So I'm interested in seeing where this'll go. Lots of pictures, please.

That is so cool you actually guess the style i am looking at exactly. I wanted a dark design but i wanted something that could have a classy look to it, and this is about the only thing that i could find.

Now im back i promise i will be working on this again, i got side tracked with school and Guild Wars and i just lost track of time, 48+ hours of sleepless activities. So i have to watch my grades now. So away from the Games for a while. I will be working on this now, most likely do the bridge routing on Thursday.

Sry about the delay, i didn't forget about you guys i swear.
Quote by PrinceofDragons
They say when a dragon looks into your eyes he takes part of your soul, so a word of advice don't look into his eyes

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
You could just stick black electrical tape over the logo on the pickups. Or you could scuff it off with some sandpaper. I have no idea what grit would be best, however.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
You could just stick black electrical tape over the logo on the pickups. Or you could scuff it off with some sandpaper. I have no idea what grit would be best, however.

I used Quad-All steel wool and it worked fine, they look great, cant wait to hear them.
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Ok back to work, got snowed out of the campus today, we get a few inches of snow and freezing rain and the campus closes, guess thats what i get for a satellite campus, but i digress. Ok what is a good adhesive for the veneer. Good spray paint company for semi flat, black? Company for an acrylic clear coat? And anybody have any cool wiring ideas, i have two active pups and i want a QDD built in distortion, but i cant think of what else i want. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.

Silvik

EDIT
Anybody know where i can get wire for cheap?
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
anyone know how to do a greenburst?
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Quote by Pikka Bird
Well, dye the thing green, then do a black burst ring...

its the brust ring im going to have issues with. Thats where i will screw up, do you know any links or whatnot that can help me with the burst ring???
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Quote by Tooch0007
its the brust ring im going to have issues with. Thats where i will screw up, do you know any links or whatnot that can help me with the burst ring???

http://reranch.com/basics.htm. This is a good place to start. Start with the Reranch 101 article and then go from there - you'll see burst articles under it. You may also want to look at this list of guitar building resources I recently put together for additional resources.

Regards,

Rob
Wow it has been along time since i have been here, well i am back and I have finally gotten around to walking to the wood shop on campus with my guitar to do some work on it.

Here are some pictures

That is what the pup looks like after i removed the logo.

I did some routing today and well i did the bridge socket and the bridge pup.

Thats what it looks like with the bridge in place, the template i used was to long so i dont know what i should do with that.

Also the Template was to deep and i didnt think about the humbucker ring.

As you can see the pickups go deep enough to work with i just need to rout out the electronic cavity and drill holes to it for the wires.

Thats what it looks like with the bridge and the pup in place, i think it looks good.

Ok so now my questions.
1) what should i do with the humbucker rings? (do they make "flush" humbucker rings?)

2) anyone have any ideas for the electronics, all i have set is i want built in distortion, a QDD (google it or look at it, at http://www.guitarheads.net, its in the electronics section). I will seriously think about any crazy ideas you all can think of.

3) what can/should i do about the really long bridge cavity? (i think its that long in case i need to adjust the intonation but im not sure)

4) Any ideas on where you would like to see this go?

5) critique please.

Long message i know just want to get back into the swing of things, ok i have class in few hours and some work to do so ill talk to you all later after getting some more work done.
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
1. Well, you could always try to make the humbucker rings out of wood. You should stain them black to fit in with the rest of the hardware. I don't know if they make flush humbucker rings though..

2. Perhaps a killswitch would be cool?

3. Have a look at this: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/trem.htm

4. Make it a beautiful guitar, please.

5. I don't know if it's just me, but the bridge and bridge pickup look VERY off. Perhaps it could be the angle of the picture.. I hope it is..
Quote by Mky
1. Well, you could always try to make the humbucker rings out of wood. You should stain them black to fit in with the rest of the hardware. I don't know if they make flush humbucker rings though..

2. Perhaps a killswitch would be cool?

3. Have a look at this: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/trem.htm

4. Make it a beautiful guitar, please.

5. I don't know if it's just me, but the bridge and bridge pickup look VERY off. Perhaps it could be the angle of the picture.. I hope it is..

1) ill think of something i guess.

2) i dont know to much about kill switches so i will look into them

3) i like the Jem style, i had the idea but i didnt know how to do it, thank you

4) i will do my best to make a beautiful guitar.

5) After looking at the picture and the guitar itself it appears to be the angle, i've triple checked every measurement, but thanks for the advice.
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Last edited by Tooch0007 at Feb 23, 2007,
1: I think you can get those at guitar center. Or, try guitarfetish.com or allparts.com

2: IMO killswitches are a waste of time, but you may like them. Consider maybe a built in midboost or treble boost, from guitarfetish.com. It is cheap and pretty cool so i hear.

3: that cavity will give you a wide range to lift the tremolo to raise your pitch for double the fun.

4: Greenburst might be cool, but maybe consider a redburst.

5:I think that that top horn looks a bit off, but other than that you have a very cool, unique guitar. Keep it up.
My Blog

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
ok really have no idea how i want to wire this thing, I'm throwing around ideas of phase switches, volumes, tones, distortion (i am using), and now a Peak expander, (see quote).

this multi tasking unit features a push/pull on/off sending the unit to a bypass mode when you pull up on your knob. When in the down position, the knob functions as a Tone Expander. In the center (knob at about 5), it is a Flat Boost (no EQ change in your tone, but adds lots of Sustain, and Harmonic Boost). As you turn your knob up, you also increase the Midrange in your sound. However, if you turn the knob in the other direction, you boost the High end of your tone (like and adjustable Bright Switch).

I am running out out ideas please give me input.
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Ok guys so its been a while, but i haze done somework and here are a bunch of pictures.

My spring cavity and a very rough electronics cavity.

The Spring Cavity with a bear claw.

The electronics Cavity.

A pic of it assembled (static no bolts or anything like that)

another "assembled" pic

And another (wow that body is massive, but i like it).

The angle shot

Yet another assembled pic

My 1/8 aluminum electronics cover plate

The front all routed out, Still need to do the "jem" style routing of the bridge cavity.

Well Again looking for responses, comments, questions, etc. I will take all information into account.

PS (jokingly but kinda seriously) Looking for parts, donations, etc. Also anyone selling a Behringer GMX212? I'm a college kid with no money, and i have been sacrificing food for this build. a meal a week lol.
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Last edited by Tooch0007 at Mar 6, 2007,
Looking good. you get 1billion points.

Thanks for rounding the horns, that top one was buggin' me. I hope that you sort this stuff out.
My Blog

been a long time since ive been here, but does anyone know a link for good veneer application and veneer working?
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Ok everyone i know its been a while but this guitar is not dead its just been on the back burner for a while. I have added the veneer and i have also dyed the veneer i still need to burst it but i think it looks amazing, its coming out exceptionally well in my opinion. I will get pictures as soon as i find them. i hope to see some interest but i will post regardless.
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
Ok so im looking for a burst guide, but the one im looking for was done on a Saga Tele, and the dude used a foam brush to pull it towards the center does anyone know where this specific thread is?
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
that bodys insane its like a metal violin haha sweet ill be keeping my eyes on this
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458999

lol i found it. i was wrong it was a les paul saga. my mistake. well once i find my camera i will inform you all of my standing
Quote by PrinceofDragons

Gear
Saga Strat
An explorer kinda
Alverez RD8SB
The way I've heard to do it is to do very light coats of the dark burst and just do progressively thinner ones, as to burst it well.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Page 1 of 2