I've got an AC adaptor that I use with my 535Q Crybaby, and I'm looking at getting a few other pedals to add to my collection. My question is, how can I power all of these effects without using batteries?

AKA some magical all-powerful power supply unit?
I've heard about DC Bricks, Pedal Power and some others. But I'm actually in your situation, I need some help too..
There's a very in-depth explanation available here: http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/power.htm
Scroll down a screen or two, to the "I want external power!" section, if you're not interested in the technical side of how adapters work.
There's also a comprehensive list of the most common available power supplies and their pros and cons here: http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/psu.htm

Basically, for most pedals (provided they use the same type of power, usually 9V DC), a daisy chain will suffice. The Dunlop DC Brick is essentially a daisy chain in a fancy box, and gives you a number of 9VDC and 18VDC outputs. Like daisy chains, though, it's inherently susceptible to noise from ground loops. This may or may not be a problem with your setup. If it isn't, all the better, you can use a simple daisy chain. If it it, though, the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 is probably the best option for ultimate noise-free operation - it's fully isolated (unlike with a daisy chain, each pedal thinks it's on its own adapter) and regulated (no mains hum as with cheaper wall warts).

Or if you're feeling adventurous, you can build your own. I use a self-built power supply that works essentially the same way as the Pedal Power, and I'm very happy with it. It was fairly easy to build, even though I've little prior experience with electronics.
Last edited by indrek13 at Feb 5, 2007,
i use cheap adaptors for my boss pedals, as long as they can do 9volts, are over 300ma and can do - polarity i think it is then they should be ok
visual sound one spot- powers up to 20 pedals, noise-free, i love mine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You could also just get a regular 9v adaptor plug and a daisy chain.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
You could also just get a regular 9v adaptor plug and a daisy chain.

basically the onespot.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!