Well, it's time for me to buy next guitar, and I'm going for a V with a floyd rose.

Basically it's between the Jacksons RR3 and kvx10. I'm guessing that the rr3 sounds much better:the kvx10 is still stuck with the duncan design pickups while the rr3s are upgraded to the seymour duncans. I even like the look of the rr3 better. It's just that the fact that it has is 22 frets is really bugging the hell out of me.

Although, I might be able to replace the bridge pickup of the kvx10(probably to a seymour duncan live wire metal) because the overall price might be just a little bit more than the RR3.

So basically, i can't make up my mind and I need help. Also, are there any other v's with a floyd rose that are worth getting (e.g bc rich) that are around that price?
Jackson RR3, from my side!
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Whoah, that totally slipped my mind.

My bad, man.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you might want to look at this.

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=342

Then, with the money you saved that would've gone to the rest of the RR3, you can put in an OFR and get new pups.

The new Kramers have gotten good reviews by and large, btw, if you're worried about that.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Last edited by Dom5412 at Feb 5, 2007,
^****, that's pretty sweet. If I can find one I'll definately consider it.

Haz_uk, i never knew that they released a alexi-200, i've only seen the other two. Yeah, this one is affordable, though I use the neck pick up alot. I'll consider it also.

So, the kvx10 is ruled out i guess. I guess it' between the kramer, the alexi-200 and the rr3. I'm leaning toward the rr3.
Last edited by Impaler at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by haz_uk
just a thought; if you're willing to spend a bit more look at the alexi laiho sig from esp.

or screw that an get the jackson RR24.

I havent tried the Kvx10 so I cant really give an opinion on that but I've played the RR3 and I liked it. the only problem some people say is the lisenced FR trem but afaik, its a direct swap for an OFR if the LFR does start to go wrong.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Hey, I was in your situation about a month ago, but I ordered my RR3, although my reasons were that I always wanted a jackson rhoads since I started guitar, so its a dream because I saw it in the shop tryed it, loved it and I've ordered it. the upgrade also leaned me towards it, because I really didn't like the duncun design ones. It all comes down to how much you want one with 24 frets really, my friend went for a BCrich beast which had a floyd and 24 frets but they have a wide veriaety of shapes.
Jackson Warrior XT
yamaha EG112
kustom 10FX
Line6 spiderII 75W
Boss MT 2
Boss noise suppressor
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
dude! get the rr3 and if you can always bend 22nd fret to 24 the rr3 is amazing

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim