Hell yes! finally! I will soon be the proud owner of a Screamer 50 head.

All I need is a cab to suit. I found a Framus Dragon 212 with V30s in for £200.

These are the same speakers in the ENGL 212 but it is not stereo switchable.

Are there any other cabs I should look at?

Spanks

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Awesome man, let me know how it sounds.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by cheames
congrats man, but get an egnl cab, they're just plain awesome.

yeah I know, but they have the same speakers as the Framus and the ENGL costs £350ish whereas the Framus costs £200.

I know you can stereo split the ENGL but thats about the only difference.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Congrats!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by jcwear
go for the framus cab then. I'm sure you could re-wire it for stereo in any case.

Yeah thats what i thought.

I was confused that two v30s could give 100watts output but i guess its just the number of them? (I would have thought it would be 60 watts (2x30)).
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Forgive my ignorance, but by running a cab in stereo, does that require 2 heads? What exactly does it mean?

I have the ENGL 2x12 cab and Savage and they are great
Quote by toptone78
Forgive my ignorance, but by running a cab in stereo, does that require 2 heads? What exactly does it mean?

I have the ENGL 2x12 cab and Savage and they are great

No it just means that a seperate signal is going to each speaker seperatly opposed to the same signal coming out of both at the same level.

You will only need one head usually.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
v30's are rated at 60 watts.

I haven't tried the framus cab- it is a lot cheaper, only concern is that maybe it's too cheap?

if you can get to try the framus, and it's good, go with that. engl cabs are very good, but expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
v30's are rated at 60 watts.

I haven't tried the framus cab- it is a lot cheaper, only concern is that maybe it's too cheap?

if you can get to try the framus, and it's good, go with that. engl cabs are very good, but expensive.

mmm good point... the ENGL cab is £350 on Thomann, and i doubt I will find it cheaper anywhere else.

I cant try the Framus as nowhere near me stocks them... what will I get for the extra £150 for the ENGL?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
It's not just the speakers that make the sound. Cab material and quallity of build also affects the sound. Two v30's in a 1/4 inch ply box will not sound as good as an Engl cab.
These go to eleven...
hmmm.

I see your point.

I'de like a 212 but its £370ish... the 112 is £240. Would that change the tone alot? I know it wont move as much air but for small gigs (about 50 people max untill the summer when I might be playing in an outdoor event) and home use would it be a better option?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
If you're eventually going to play outdoor, I'd say it would be worth saving up a bit more and go 212. On the other hand, you could buy a 112 used and probably sell it in a few months for the same price, so as long as you don't purchase new you don't really loose anything, It's your call though.
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
It's not just the speakers that make the sound. Cab material and quallity of build also affects the sound. Two v30's in a 1/4 inch ply box will not sound as good as an Engl cab.

yeah, basically. I'm guessing the engl is contstructed better- and the dimensions may suit the engl tone better too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think Im going to get the 112. I have the money for the 212 now its just I was going to invest it in some other stuff. I checked eBay and there are no ENGL cabs on there.

I probably wont be playing outdoors till summer next year so...

Dave, the Framus is 17mm plywood and the ENGl is solid birchwood that has been folded 14 times (apparently).

Thanks for your help guys!

Oh, and it arrived this moring too :-).
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Last edited by guitaristclass at Feb 6, 2007,
is your head stereo? if not, then get the framus, if it is, and you will use the stereo function, then ENGL.

but both cabinets are great, ive heard recordings of a framus 4x12, and it does kick some major ass (he has a framus cobra on top of it too)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^ Erock?

Anyways, can you get us any clips of the new Screamer?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
yea, erock. we hang. . .
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
is your head stereo? if not, then get the framus, if it is, and you will use the stereo function, then ENGL.

but both cabinets are great, ive heard recordings of a framus 4x12, and it does kick some major ass (he has a framus cobra on top of it too)

It is stereo optional yes, but i cant think what ide use it for. I think i might go for the ENGL 112 though.

Quote by JesseIbanez
^ Erock?

Anyways, can you get us any clips of the new Screamer?

Yeah definitely, Ill set it up with my SM57 as soon as I get my cab.
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
Gratz on the purchase. I wish I could afford an amp like that
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by guitaristclass
I Dave, the Framus is 17mm plywood and the ENGl is solid birchwood that has been folded 14 times (apparently).

the engl cabs do sound really good, no doubt about it.

tuba: that's a different cab, though- the 2x12 might be worse.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New ENGL Artist-

Anders and Jensen of The Haunted, they use the almighty Powerball of course. I think the ENGL is used on their new album. Its becoming very popular with recording artists lately. Glad to say I've been in since before the bandwagon.

\m/

Hope to have some clips of my own material soon (This month). I've had to write this shit myself and its pissing me off. maybe my demo for Sleep Terror as well.

The framus cab Erock503 has is loaded with celestion greenbacks, which give it a bit of added breakup and seems to be nice.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Feb 6, 2007,
^ yeah, he says it works really well with his cobra.

my only concern with the cs2x12 is that it's designed to go with one of framus' more vintage-orientated amps (at least, from what I can tell- I've never even seen a framus anything, unfortnately). You would guess with v30's that it doesn't sound all that vintage, but you never know...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, he says it works really well with his cobra.

my only concern with the cs2x12 is that it's designed to go with one of framus' more vintage-orientated amps (at least, from what I can tell- I've never even seen a framus anything, unfortnately). You would guess with v30's that it doesn't sound all that vintage, but you never know...

I don't think that greenbacks are vintage at all.

I think they sound great- case in point Chris Broderick uses greenback loaded cabs with his Powerball. One of my guitar-teacher buddies also used a greenback loaded cab and a recto RK cab with his Powerball, both had a very modern tone.

I wouldn't think any specific cab is designed to be more "Vintage" or anything, if the only thing vintage about it is a greenback and the coverings I wouldn't think it matters.

I wouldn't buy a screamer for metal, anyway, although it should work. ENGL can make anything crush skulls. If anything the greenbacks would be nice to give it extra breakup to extend the tonal range of the Screamer and give it more balls/edge when playing more modern, distorted tones.
^ yeah, i meant that 2x12 has vintage 30's, the speakers aren't vintage at all, really. It all depends- I'm more trying to cover my ass because I haven't tried it, lol, than try to disagree with you! I don't want 15 people posting saying "Dave_Mc said the framus 2x12 was a kickass cab and it's shite!"

+1 on the screamer for metal- it'll do it, but more as an all-round amp that can also do metal, than as a totally metal amp.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, i meant that 2x12 has vintage 30's, the speakers aren't vintage at all, really. It all depends- I'm more trying to cover my ass because I haven't tried it, lol, than try to disagree with you! I don't want 15 people posting saying "Dave_Mc said the framus 2x12 was a kickass cab and it's shite!"

+1 on the screamer for metal- it'll do it, but more as an all-round amp that can also do metal, than as a totally metal amp.

So would i get more sound out of the 2 V30s in the 212 Framus or the one V60 in the ENGL 112?
Main Gear:

PRS CE22 Mahogany
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
EHX SMMwH
^ the 2 v30's, most likely, unless the v60 is really efficient (and I doubt it is, if anything it's a lower quality speaker).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?