ok so im looking an electronic drum kit as cheap as possible any suggestions?
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
How about Ebay? Musicians Friend? Amazon?
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
im in the process of making one. all ou really need to spen alot of cash on is the brain. check out these sites, theyre awesome for making pads and stuff. www.edrum.info aand www.edrum.for.free.fr
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by Barboom
im in the process of making one. all ou really need to spen alot of cash on is the brain. check out these sites, theyre awesome for making pads and stuff. www.edrum.info aand www.edrum.for.free.fr

Awesome.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
i just this minute spent 1400 on a roland, probably not in your price range as you said you wanted to cheap, but looking at getting a lower end one perhaps, if this is your only kit you kinda want it to be pretty good to compensate for not having an acoustic, if you do however have an acoustic and just want this for practice go for something simple and cheap, as your never going to use it in a live setting, someone advised me against an electric drum and to go for practice pads due to the sensitivity not being very good on e drums, and not really help with practise anyways.. so take that into consideration.. hard to advise without knowing your ability on drums though.. and what else you own..

if your from the uk you should check out www.gak.co.uk, think one of the really low end ones is about 3 or 400, but never tried it so.. whatever you do though, try it out before buying.. really depends what your planning on using it for though.. no point buying a cheap one on a budget if you want it for live use, you might as well work on getting some more cash first, but if you only want it for practise, then the cheaper the better, though bear in mind more expensive kits feel a lot more like acoustics making them that bit better for training..
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Question for Bloke: You said you shouldn't gig with a cheap electronic set. Well isn't that one of the main reasons for getting one? Couldn't I just, you know, replace the synthesizer at that point?
Quote by MastaBassist10
Question for Bloke: You said you shouldn't gig with a cheap electronic set. Well isn't that one of the main reasons for getting one? Couldn't I just, you know, replace the synthesizer at that point?

someone with more experience might tell you different, bare in mind i'm a beginner when it comes to drums (been playing guitar for years but only a month of drums) but....

every drummer i've spoken to swears by acoustics for live sets, by synthesizer do you mean the drum module/processor/whatcha ma callit, if so then yeah it would improve the sound, but the problem isn't with the sound so much as it is with the drum heads, they're just not as responsive and they're very forgiving, i.e. you can hit them softly and get a similar sound to hitting them really hard, really they just don't have as much expression, most drummer's i know only buy an electric as they can't play an acoustic from home due to sound levels, on the plus though, they're much better in a studio for recording purposes, and if you play a lot of experimental music or play a lot of different styles an electric might be better, but over all acoustic > electric and generally cheaper, reason i bought a rather expensive first drum kit was to try and get a good enough electric so i wouldn't want an acoustic 6 months down the road/until i'm good enough to get paid for gigging *dreams*

but yeah it can be done, ultimately if you got a sound your happy with, then go with it.. but you want to research into it before spending a lot on something that you'll end up replacing, at the end of the day, drums are justing bloody expensive which ever way you look at it..
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Ah, I see, thanks. I've seen a lot of drummers with electronic pads with them on their kits, but I'd imagine that's for like sound effects and 808 kicks (w00t!) and etc. Thanks.