Hello everyone, this is my first post

I have a year left of high school, and am really set for applying to Berklee in Boston.
I have been playing guitar for only 2 years but I practice a lot and am truely dedicated. Through the deep contemplation of my existence, I have came to a conclusion that most applicants have a huge advantage over me when it comes to the auditions. To counter this, I have also been learning drums, piano, and most importantly: singing. I have also gone heavily into music production since that is what I want to major in. I mix and record a lot of my stuff and want to record come local bands when I become proficient enough. Will the fact that I will have over a year of Pro Tools experience, about 10 polished, mixed and produced songs with all or most instruments recorded by me, and the possession of some multi instrumental abilities give me any kind of advantage when applying to Berklee? I would be very grateful for any help, advice, and tips for getting into Berklee. Thank you in advance.

P.S. If any of you know of any good Colleges with a strong music production department, please post it! Thanks!
Quote by CrazyEd1988
Hello everyone, this is my first post

I have a year left of high school, and am really set for applying to Berklee in Boston.
I have been playing guitar for only 2 years but I practice a lot and am truely dedicated. Through the deep contemplation of my existence, I have came to a conclusion that most applicants have a huge advantage over me when it comes to the auditions. To counter this, I have also been learning drums, piano, and most importantly: singing. I have also gone heavily into music production since that is what I want to major in. I mix and record a lot of my stuff and want to record come local bands when I become proficient enough. Will the fact that I will have over a year of Pro Tools experience, about 10 polished, mixed and produced songs with all or most instruments recorded by me, and the possession of some multi instrumental abilities give me any kind of advantage when applying to Berklee? I would be very grateful for any help, advice, and tips for getting into Berklee. Thank you in advance.

P.S. If any of you know of any good Colleges with a strong music production department, please post it! Thanks!

The pieces may help you graduate. In fact, my dad went there and he just recently "graduated" because when he went to school there, he didn't have enough cash to record the composition he has to record to get in. To be admitted, you have to be able to play a piece for them (classical or jazz, preferably classical) on a classical instrument. Now a guitar is only considered such if its a classical guitar. Electric guitar = no-no. Learn a piece well and play it with your own flair and you should be good.
I'm about to leave for my Berklee audition. >_<
I'll let you know how it is. haha. I know for sure that Im not going to get in, but oh well. Its worth a try, and its a good experience. My prepared piece is Cliffs of Dover. Probably overdone. I also can't read music, which I know is a HUGE setback. But I'm in the midst of learning and will practice my ass off with it over the summer. But Im 99% sure I'm not gonna get in. haha.

SAXAXEDIT:
I attended the Berklee summer guitar sessions in August this past summer and while i was up there, I spoke with one of their admissions representatives and I was told that Berklee only accepts about 3-4% of their guitar applicants. So keep that in mind.
Berklee is a joke for guitar. Considering that about 65% of the yearly student body applies for guitar, I would try for a school that is well-grounded in every area of music. I am not saying that Berklee is a bad music school, but I would rather be a face with a guitar than a number with one.
Quote by saxaxe
I'm about to leave for my Berklee audition. >_<
I'll let you know how it is. haha. I know for sure that Im not going to get in, but oh well. Its worth a try, and its a good experience. My prepared piece is Cliffs of Dover. Probably overdone. I also can't read music, which I know is a HUGE setback. But I'm in the midst of learning and will practice my ass off with it over the summer. But Im 99% sure I'm not gonna get in. haha.

SAXAXEDIT:
I attended the Berklee summer guitar sessions in August this past summer and while i was up there, I spoke with one of their admissions representatives and I was told that Berklee only accepts about 3-4% of their guitar applicants. So keep that in mind.

My dad couldn't read music when he was accepted. But then again, he was severely behind.