alright like it says, im upgrading my ibanez, well that and repainting it.

ive already read up on how to do sunburst type of finish which is what i really wanna do, but i really dunno which colors i should go with. and also, not sure which kinda sprays i should use. basically colors. so ya. i was thinking of like a blueburst or a dark desertburst. im not sure. i dunno how to get those little design pics thateveryone else has but if anyone can help it would be much thanked.

oh also, i was wondering if anyone knows if the golden age, stewmac, pick ups are anygood. i was thinking about replacing my ibanez gax70 pu's with them.

thnx in advance
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
....Why would you blindly recommend EMG's? He hasn't even said what kind of tone he's looking for. Besides, if he's looking at Golden Age pickups, it doesn't sound like he's looking for EMGs...

Here's some reviews on the Golden Age pickups:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Guitar+Pickup/brand/Stewart+MacDonald
my bad i missed that lol. sorry for the bad advice. but emg's are sweet if ur lookin for a good rock pick up bro.
idk man. i put the zakk wylde set in my ibanez. i can see where ur comin from. but they are not just made for metal. they can play just abot ne thing. stuart smith from the eagles uses. and i could be mistakin but i dont consider them metal at all.
I have, and they're not my thing. Anyway - let's not spam up this guy's thread too much.

flyingv_m3, here's a useful link, if you haven't seen it before: http://projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial5.htm
There's a couple of nice sunburst tutorials on there. Check em out.

As far as design pics, I assume you mean Kisekai...or whatever.
here ya go:
http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp
haha... in just 2 topics today I visited (mine and this one) I have seen dedguitar give out bad advice twice... and forsakn correct him both times, which just makes laugh.

FlyingV, if you want us to help with colors, you may want to tell us what guitar you have and what color it is.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
i have a black ibanez gax 70. its like an sg shape but with a really round bottom end. kinda like a les paul end.

i really wanna do a blue burst, or a dark or like desert sunburst.

as for the pickups, i play mostly classic rock and bluesy stuff. some funk and some metal. thats most of it. but i really want something punchy, especially for the neck. as for the bridge, i just want something thats gonna sound nice and hot, not flat when i use distortion.

oh thnx forsak. thats what i was looking for.

any other help is welcomed.
You need some PAF style pickups.
But, unless your stock pickups are really terrible, changing pickups won't have that dramatic an effect on tone. Your amp is more important - just to let you know. Your pickups will always sound better through a better amp.

Now, that's said and done...You might like the Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 in the neck, and a Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom in the bridge. They clips on the website.
The '59 is a PAF voiced humbucker, and so is the Custom Custom. The SH-11 is an aggressive sounding PAF pickup, that can give ya some great crunch. They can both do metal.
Quote by forsaknazrael
But, unless your stock pickups are really terrible, changing pickups won't have that dramatic an effect on tone. Your amp is more important - just to let you know. Your pickups will always sound better through a better amp.

Now, that's said and done...You might like the Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 in the neck, and a Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom in the bridge. They clips on the website.
The '59 is a PAF voiced humbucker, and so is the Custom Custom. The SH-11 is an aggressive sounding PAF pickup, that can give ya some great crunch. They can both do metal.

i'm gonna be annoying and contradictory and say get dimarzios, tone zone in the bridge and air norton at the neck.

still really good pickups.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ya, my lp has a stndrd gibson pu, and the bridge is some sort of seymour duncan, i like it.

dimarizios....hmmm. i think the only ones i would get are the evh ones. my friend has a wolfgang and those pups sound sick. maybe i will get em... anyway

how bout finish color. what do you guys think?

Blue Burst?
or
like a desert sunburst?
Quote by tubab0y
i'm gonna be annoying and contradictory and say get dimarzios, tone zone in the bridge and air norton at the neck.

still really good pickups.

Psh, I don't care if ya got a different opinion. Steven Seagull recommends a breed and a norton every time I say something about Duncan. It's all good.

EDIT: Desertbursts look pretty neat.
Quote by forsaknazrael

What about the JB + '59 Combo?

It's quite literally the most versatile pickup combo you could ever have.
yo i agree with forsaknazrael on Duncans, my Jackson has them and i can get tones ranging from Blues to Black metal but ur amp really does matter, i run my guitar through a pod so its a lot easier to change the sound... so really u might wanna go to a store, find a guitar like urs and play it through some good amps cause that might change ur mind on changing pickups which will save you some money that u could put towards a nice amp
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Quote by forsaknazrael
Ah, I'm personally not a fan of the JB. If I got it, I'd stick a 250K pot in there to smooth out the highs.

Yeah. It is a bit on the trebley side.
well...ok im gonna check out the pick ups and stuff.

but, anymore opinions on the color?
i really like the idea of the desertburst....
but
i really like a blueburst too... :/

i dunno which one to do