RoboRobot
1,182 IQ
For a while now, me and a friend wanted to start a band, but the only problem is that we have absolutely no place to practice at. My friend needs to get his drum set out of his house because his parents don't want it there anymore, and put it somewhere else, but we have no place to put it. Garages are out of the question, and my house definitely won't work, since my parents said no already. What are we to do? >_<
Macbethstx
263 IQ
Try to negotiate with your parents by saying "we will pay for sound proofing material".
METSOAD
Bass Man
2,689 IQ
why not look for a hall somewhere in your area that lets bands reherse there?
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Dutch_Apples
UG's Career Advisor
1,354 IQ
2 words: Acoustic Sets... hey, it's better than not practing at all and you'll be able to hear better.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
DevilMayCare
Soul of Chaos
193 IQ
^ Yeah, for a few sets my bassist and I played our acoustics whilst our drummer either used paintbrushes or put pads on his drums. Except then our singer would whine that he couldn't sing like he could to electrics so we should just not practice......
So yes. Acoustic practice better than no practice!
chase312
Diventity
873 IQ
Acoustic practices are the way to go.

Soundproofing is a little on the expensive side for a big area.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Metal Massacre
Not a Registered User
253 IQ
If you're SERIOUS about making a band, then start with an acoustic band.

Acoustic rules.

Plus, you can practice in a street or something.
ThePurpleRabbit
Rocks OFF!
555 IQ
One hint if you're missing a place to rehearse.. Don't move to Trondheim, Norway!
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
AdamDK
Meh.
2,296 IQ
How about at school? My band has no where to practice with all the members, so we have regular practices at school in the music room. And sometimes on weekends, me, the rhythm guitarist and bassist get together at the bassists house, and have a rehersal of just the guitars to get us in time.
greendayguitar
UG's Proud Leafs Fan
1,212 IQ
Maybe you could find a friend that has a barn or something that you could jam in? Get creative. If you can find somewhere where they will let you practice, even if you have to rent a space ro something, go for it.

But only if you're very serious about it.

If not, go acoustic
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
ThePurpleRabbit
Rocks OFF!
555 IQ
Quote by AdamDK
How about at school? My band has no where to practice with all the members, so we have regular practices at school in the music room. And sometimes on weekends, me, the rhythm guitarist and bassist get together at the bassists house, and have a rehersal of just the guitars to get us in time.

It's excellent to practice at a school.

My old band did that and it went perfect 'cause that school had a real good music room with monitors and most things that other schools don't have.
Founder Of "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub.
PM me To Join.

Quote by RHDIII
as we all know emo music is basically rock and roll fully evolved to its highest potential

wtf?
eckmann88
Mr. Awesome
1,172 IQ
Gotta agree with the acoustic sets.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space