How do i get that cool feedback effect? I've seen videos where they let a note ring and face the pickups towards the amp to get feedback, but i've tried it to no avail. Does this trick only work on tube amps? If so, what could i do to get cool feedbacks?

Also, my guitar seems to be sustainly retarded, i cant even get a 5 second sustain on the higher frets. Are there any pedals that help you get good sustain? Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Feedback isn't really related to tube amps, it's rather an effect of high gain and high volume levels. Crank your amp and you'll be certain to get feedback (sometimes when you don't even want to, WOHO!).
Whilst any amp will feedback with enough volume, solid state feedback tends to be a bit nasty - you only get proper ethereal howling with tube amps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Darn. Any pedals that might help increase my sustain?
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
DS-1/tubescreamer/anything that could pump up gain, just one note though, by having more gain/distortion you'll create more noise, thus you need a noise gate/suppressor. Having a double locking trem wouldnt give you as much as a fixed bridge, plus ur guitar have the EdgeIII which doesnt have any brass plate/material, so dont expect too much from it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I have a MT-2 dude, but it gets really noisy all the time. What's the best noise gate/compressor out there?

EDIT: For a reasonable price of course

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Feb 5, 2007,
There are tons of noise gates out there, go through reviews and use the search button.

Personally i prefer Boss NS-2
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Does the noise gate increase sustain too? I tought about the Boss CS-3, but i heard it was quite noisy itself.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
no they dont...

also, a certain percentage of sustain comes from ur technique, if you suck at vibrato or fretting properly, then dont get ur hopes up.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
My technique is pretty good man. Would getting the Ns-2 AND the CS-3 help? Or would putting those two pedals together affect tone or something?

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
If you're getting the cs-3 then there's a high chance you dont need to get a noise gate. I highly recommend you try it out 1st and make sure you like the end-result of the tone.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
It's all in the amp, you have a solid state amp so no nice feedback unfortunately - no pedal will change that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ok guys, thanks for all the help. I think i'll try out the CS-3 and see how it is. Cheers.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
And TS, dont confuse feedback/sustain, they arent the same. Getting that CS-3 doesnt guarantee you a feedback from the cube. Upgrading the INF pickups on ur guitar would significantly increase your chance of having better sustain/tone i'd say.

EDIT: If you want a taste of the feedback, maximize your gain in the dirty (R-fier) channel, then step on the MT-2 while having maxed distortion. Pick a harmonic or just mute all strings accept 1.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Feb 5, 2007,
Yeah madpickin03, i'm going to get a SD 59/Custom combo as soon as i have enough cash.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
SS generally give out a pretty nasty feedback. Something to do with once it starts to clip, it does so exponentially.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay