Been using 42's for a long time (yeh sad) but im Downtuning alot nowadays on the old jackson and going 2moro to stock up on strings....would 52's be too low for c# or a# tuning? i like em tight and chuggy...i had a glance at the Zakk Wylde sets but i dont like the idea of a .070 and the 10's are too low...

I know how to use a truss rod and set up floyds so theres no trouble there..just need to know what will work.

Thanx
I'm using the Zakk Wylde set myself, have been using it for both Drop C and Drop A# and I think it works good. For A# it might be a little too loose with anything thinner, but it also depends on your scale length, with a 25"5 you may get by with .60 or something.
Yeh its a 25"5, only .060 set ive seen is the zakk set with 10's...too low imo for it, what brands make a .060 with 12-13's?
There are Dean Markley Blue Steels that are 13-56, and they worked for my band when we tuned to Drop A.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

was there much floopyness (lol) in a# using the 56's? still tight and chuggy?

Im being a pain about it cause im goin away for 3 months to the beach away from civilisation basically...so im going to stock up with a few sets before i do
i normally used .12s for drop b, and that was tight enough i could have gone down another half step, id say .12s or .13s or get a baritone
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
The ernie ball "not even slinky" .012-.56's sound and feel great at C tuning.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
If this is a standard dropped tuning (C standard for example) then I'd say the skinny top heavy bottoms by Ernie Ball.
The Dean Markleys will do it, or you could get some 7 string strings.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Thanks for all the help and suggestions...i bought some Ernie ball 12-56...im yet to string them but ill post back when i have.
I use DR strings and they have a 52-12 and that's what I'm using for drop C and even some drop B/Bflat (A sharp) stuff. It's a little loose, but I think that's because they are about 6 months old and have been in standard for some time...
12-56 ernie's are great, thanks again for the suggestions, there perfect for C and A# is more then playable (a tad lose)
I use 9's for A# and I found them beter than 11s and 12s. they hold the intonation as good!