Page 1 of 2
Hi all!

My teacher at school has a telecaster and he says it'll beat my SG anyday, but i wanna know some famous SG players to throw back at him!

So far i've got:

Angus Young
Tony Iommi
Jimi Hendrix (One time only)
Pete Townshend
Gary Rossington

Please help!

Uww! And maybe some shit Tele players'll do too

Thanx
PRS CE22
Ibanez S2170FW
Fender Tele Deluxe
Gibson SG Special
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Axe FX II
Matrix GT1000FX
Zilla Super Fatboy
Id take Jimi off the list, I mean one time doesnt prove anything.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Your teacher seems a bit immature actually. The Telecaster and the SG are my two favorite guitars but honestly, it doesn't matter what guitar you play. I mean, I guess it matters but it doesn't matter if that makes any sense. A good guitarist can play anything and still sound good pretty much. And the same goes for a crappy guitarist and sounding bad.
well depends on the tele. i mean ur gibby is a little on the low end side.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
frusciante plays a tele live quite a bit. Yeh they're two different types of guitar and a good guitar's a good guitar - its all a personal choice from then on.
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Your teacher seems a bit immature actually. The Telecaster and the SG are my two favorite guitars but honestly, it doesn't matter what guitar you play. I mean, I guess it matters but it doesn't matter if that makes any sense. A good guitarist can play anything and still sound good pretty much. And the same goes for a crappy guitarist and sounding bad.

Yes but my teacher's stupid so he wouldn't no diddlysquat
PRS CE22
Ibanez S2170FW
Fender Tele Deluxe
Gibson SG Special

Axe FX II
Matrix GT1000FX
Zilla Super Fatboy
If your teacher is stupid why dont you just change teacher?
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Quote by Jimbo999
If your teacher is stupid why dont you just change teacher?

Well...not that sort of stupid, he know's his History...just not guitar history really???
PRS CE22
Ibanez S2170FW
Fender Tele Deluxe
Gibson SG Special

Axe FX II
Matrix GT1000FX
Zilla Super Fatboy
Telecaster:

Ralph Macchio
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
haha^. I have a friend like that - he's still convinced his Squier will kick my strats ass cos its a "special" one or something
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Johnny 5 plays telecastors... and he's weird...

Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters also played a SG for a while, but he's since then changed to Gibsons and Firebirds...
Eric Clapton played an SG for ages. The Cream years.

That's all the argument you EVER need.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Status Quo use mainly Telecastors(when i saw them live they only used 3 other guitars, a 1 les paul on 1 song, an Acoustic and a Strat on another, thats along side the teles)
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Personally, I think any teacher that will get into a "my guitar is better" pissing contest with his students is an idiot. What is he, like 15 years old?

That being said, if he's got a good USA Tele compared to the low-end SG Special, I would put my money on the Tele in terms of quality. However, it's also all about how it's used in and what genre of music.

And personally, I don't care if Jesus Christ himself played a particular guitar, that does NOT make a particular guitar better or worse than another.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Feb 5, 2007,
i dont know. an original, Jesus Christ strat would kick major ass.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i dont know. an original, Jesus Christ strat would kick major ass.

Well, it would certainly increase it's resale value significantly..
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
hmmm..."shroud of jesus christ's strat"...I think it would sell, or at least keep some scientists busy for a few years.

Your argument with your teacher is pointless. The only thing you really need to do in this case is take a lesson from Frank Zappy "shut up and play your guitar".

Also, I would be reluctant to sit in any class with a "teacher" that tried to tell you that. Selling a product shouldn't be on his lesson plan.
IMO any tele kicks the SG special's ass, but you could cite all the emo players that use telecasters. Then again, an equal number of them use SG's.
Dickless.
Ya this is really stupid. Its all opinions and each has his own. There is no way to tell which is better. Its like the strat vs LP threads. There is no way to tell, its all opinion. And your teacher shouldnt be fighting about this, but what Im thinking is that you are blowing this out of proportion. Like your teacher likely said one little comment about it, because most all teachers (unless you have a guy that is very opinionated) wont argue about this stupid stuff.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
both are great guitars. i like SGs, but i like Tele's more. i dont think either is better...it just depends how you play it. they're too different to compare, id say. i mean, they both have 6 strings...the rest is different
to me it's a funny argument because it's like, "which is better, the 2nd tier Gibson or the 2nd tier Fender?". doesn't matter because neither of them are better than an LP or a Strat. although, imo, an SG is closer to an LP than a Tele is to a Strat. to me, a Tele is a worthless POS unless you play country. Telecasters have the worst necks I've ever played, some of the most soulless sounds come out of Tele pickups, and they are ugly to boot.
Quote by littlegrantyboy
Hi all!

My teacher at school has a telecaster and he says it'll beat my SG anyday, but i wanna know some famous SG players to throw back at him!

So far i've got:

Angus Young
Tony Iommi
Jimi Hendrix (One time only)
Pete Townshend
Gary Rossington

Please help!

Uww! And maybe some shit Tele players'll do too

Thanx

Do you really want to know the truth?

You're both idiots.
how does one guitar "beat" another one any damn way? Without a player behind it, the guitar of anyone's dreams is dumber than a friggin' stick!

Oh, and I've played that Jesus guitar and it was , like , uh, "Heavenly"
Quote by mrbreeze
how does one guitar "beat" another one any damn way? Without a player behind it, the guitar of anyone's dreams is dumber than a friggin' stick!

Oh, and I've played that Jesus guitar and it was , like , uh, "Heavenly"

Beat your teacher over the head with your SG.
Iommi played an SG and Zappa, and that's good enough for me.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by Pontius2000
to me it's a funny argument because it's like, "which is better, the 2nd tier Gibson or the 2nd tier Fender?". doesn't matter because neither of them are better than an LP or a Strat. although, imo, an SG is closer to an LP than a Tele is to a Strat. to me, a Tele is a worthless POS unless you play country. Telecasters have the worst necks I've ever played, some of the most soulless sounds come out of Tele pickups, and they are ugly to boot.

ass.
Two totally different guitars. They are different tools for different jobs. Most pointless, Immature and stupid Arguement ever. Its the player, not the guitar you should be concerned with.

SG VS Telecaster is like saying, "Whose hotter, Jessica Alba or Scarlette Johannson.
Quote by Pontius2000

...LP's and Strats are the "best" guitars? Since when?

I'd personally take the Telecaster over the SG. But, that's personal choice. One guitar cannot "beat" another...
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
yeah concidering jimi played a telecaster as well and more than the sg....

also your talking to a TEACHER about guitar are you one of the gay suck ups? god i hate them...
I would prefer the tele over the SG tbh.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Pontius2000

I shouldn't even dignify this with a response, but you sir, are an idiot.

EDIT: Why don't you tell that to:
Jimmy Page
Albert Collins
Rory Gallagher
Muddy Waters
Keith Richards
Tom Morello
etc. etc. etc.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Last edited by Friedmaniac at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by MuffinMan
...LP's and Strats are the "best" guitars? Since when?

I'd personally take the Telecaster over the SG. But, that's personal choice. One guitar cannot "beat" another...

I didn't say either was "best", I said a Strat is better than a tele and an LP is better than an SG.

the "LP is better than an SG" may be debatable. but not the Strat over Tele. compared to a truly nice Strat, a Tele is a completely shitty guitar. if you've ever played a strat and a tele, you know the Strat is better.......the pickups sound better, the neck is better, the contour of the body is better.....the tele is not even in the same league as a strat.
Quote by Pontius2000

You are a retard. Listen to some Steve Cropper and let your head be sucked backwards through your arse at the mighty tele sounds!
Quote by Friedmaniac
I shouldn't even dignify this with a response, but you sir, are an idiot.

EDIT: Why don't you tell that to:
Jimmy Page
Albert Collins
Rory Gallagher
Muddy Waters
Keith Richards
Tom Morello
etc. etc. etc.

dude, please. I hope you can do better than that. Jimmy Page plays LPs 95% of the time and I'm no Morello fan, but I know his main guitars are not teles.

my opinion is based on playing both guitars and forming my own opinion, not on who plays them. but if you really want to throw out your guitar heroes to try to show that a Tele is as good as a Strat, then tell that to Hendrix, Clapton, SRV, Jeff Beck, Yngwie,
Buddy Guy, Mike McCready, etc etc etc etc.
Page 1 of 2