Page 1 of 2
what do you think the best song from van halen is?
My gear:
Line 6 spider 2 75 watts
ibanez rg 570
fender hss hwy 1 stratocaster
washburn acoustic
eruption
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
song, not warm up exercise
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
touche, ok um............
JUMP!
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
panama
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Atomic Punk FTW?
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Jamie's Crying is good, Atomic Punk, Runnin' With the Devil.

God dammit, the whole of VH1 apart from Eruption, because it's not a song in the regular sense of the word...it's an experience!
aint talkin bout love!!!!by far

and yall quit putting down eruption...sure it may not be up to par with the shit we hear today, but eruption inspired sooo many of the people that we hear today and im sick and tired of people shitting all of it
Last edited by splice at Feb 7, 2007,
I love all the songs off fair warning plus girls gone bad, Little Dreamer, and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Quote by flamencogod
ain't talking bout love!

Definitely my favorite. Next to possibly Hot for Teacher or Panama...
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by eviledge87
song, not warm up exercise

its still a song.......

probbaly Panama anything pre hager
I would agree with Ice Cream Man, although that's probably the only song I like off that album

Unchained, Hot for Teacher, 5150, and Jump are my personal favorites by them
hue
Quote by true_bacon22
its still a song.......

Not really, originally it was just going to be his solo spot for a gig and they thought recording it would be fun...
Quote by splice
aint talkin bout love!!!!by far

and yall quit putting down eruption...sure it may not be up to par with the shit we hear today, but eruption inspired sooo many of the people that we hear today and im sick and tired of people shitting all of it

So what? It sucks. End of.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Panama
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Quote by Resiliance
So what? It sucks. End of.

im not saying you have to like it. i dont even like it. but that (whatever you want to call it) changed the way that millions of people play guitar...which makes it pretty important.
^^^ that may be true, i didn't say eruption wasn't revolutionary or inventive, it gets too much praise, that's all. anyways the best van halen songs i've heard are "Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love" and "Ice Cream Man"
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Eddie's best work is the simplest ong ever. Runnin with the Devil, anyone?

EDIT:Oh, and Best of Both Worlds makes a very close second. I like Hagar. The music was better with David Lee Roth, but Roth has a pop-esque voice, Sammy has more of the rocker voice, so if those two traded eras, that would sound best.
BTW, am I the first one to name a Hagar song?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Feb 9, 2007,
well i REALLY liked Human Being. (that was hagar right?) but yeah I HATED the vocals in that song but the guitar in that song is gnarly.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Quote by eviledge87
^^^ that may be true, i didn't say eruption wasn't revolutionary or inventive, it gets too much praise, that's all. anyways the best van halen songs i've heard are "Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love" and "Ice Cream Man"

It does get alot of praise, but i think that it is well deserved. Here however people are almost offended by it. In the shred forum that is. This is the recording that many credit with opening an entire new world on the guitar, as well as a new world of players. I just dont think that a thing like that could have too much praise.
Running With the Devil was the first VH song I ever heard, so it holds a special place in my heart. Panama, Mean Streets, and Ain't Talkin' Bout Love are also great songs.
no
i'd say either ain't talkin bout love,atomic punk,or little dreamer. then agian hot for teachers a great song too. van halens awsome they got alot of great songs. (mostly woth DLR though) i only like humans being and poundcake by sammy. (not saying sammys bad singer just saying DLR is better)
Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitarist that ever walked the earth hands down. I don't think you can argue that. There would be no shred, no Vai, no DiMartini, no Petrucci. That's why there were so many good guitarists to come out of the 80s, they were all trying to be like EVH.

Nowadays, there are better guitarists; because Eddie is a drunkard, and he's getting old. But at the time, and considering what he did for music, he has to be the greatest guitarist.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
Quote by Goin' Mobile
Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitarist that ever walked the earth hands down. I don't think you can argue that. There would be no shred, no Vai, no DiMartini, no Petrucci. That's why there were so many good guitarists to come out of the 80s, they were all trying to be like EVH.

Nowadays, there are better guitarists; because Eddie is a drunkard, and he's getting old. But at the time, and considering what he did for music, he has to be the greatest guitarist.

I disagree. While his contributions to the guitar are outstanding and undeniably important, basing of off i inovativeness, you have to think someone like Segovia or de Lucia is much more important.
Mean Streets, Hot or Teacher and maybe Jump
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Quote by Goin' Mobile

Ever heard of Django Reinhardt? Charlie Christian? Hundreds of others?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
you can't compare this silly stuff. Oh have praise to the first guitar luthier without him there wouldn't be paco de lucia.

or one might say

**** the first guitar luthier without him there wouldn't be slipknot, korn, blink 182, my chemical romance.

you contribute something or you don't.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
My personal favorite VH Song is Top Jimmy. But I also like Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Judgement Day, You really got me, and Summer Nights. Summer nights has some Really really cool guitar work.

As far as Eddie's Influence on Modern Guitar...It's undeniable. No, he didn't invent tapping. But he brought it to the mainstream rock genre like no one before ever did. He did it better, and with more flare/style than anyone else before him did. Anyone after him, got it from him. Sure, others like Vai and Satriani do it just as well, but tapping is not all Eddie did. Yes he's getting old, and hasn't put much out there lately, but that happens to 'em all. For round about 20 good years, Van Halen was One of the most succesfull, awesome rock bands in the world. I would say Van Halen is the Best Rock Band Ever AND Eddie himself is the Greatest Guitar Player ever, but that's just an opinion. It's impossible to say any band or guitarist is the best. Because it is all just a matter of opinion.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
panama or best of both worlds
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Seeing as were talking about Van Halen and not the crappy "van hagar" era, id say dance the night away or hot for teacher. but jump is so fun and uplifting its hard no to really like it too.
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
Quote by mrmo
Hot for Teacher!!!

+1
I love that song!
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
I for one love Summer Nights and 5150 (the song)...great guitar in 5150. Then there's Amsterdam on the Balance album that had a good riff.
80's glamrocker & proud of it!
-Gear-
Ibanez - (2) RG560's, Ibanez X & RBM1
Ovation Acoustic/Electric Cutaway
Marshall AVT100 (practice amp)
Marshall Haze 40
Zakk Wylde Wah, EVH Phase90, Xotic BB Preamp, Black Label Chorus
Quote by led_zep_fan55
what do you think the best song from van halen is?

None. VH sucks.
Page 1 of 2