Ok, so my band plan on doing some Inflames and CoB songs BUT they sound too hollow with out the keyboard and synth etc.. But I know inflames use backing with all the sound effect. I suppose their arent any websites that have those bts?
Use Guitar Pro, then remove the other layers. Most good keyboards these days will allow you to import MIDI files that they then play. Of course, there is the large problem that if there is a slight difference between the synths and you playing, you're screwed: you can't exactly have a metronome playing, so as a band you have to be PERFECT.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
^ agreed. You can do it that way, but remember that it's going to be computer based, so it's going to always be in time whether you are or not. If you plan to take that route make sure you guys are extremely tight playing together. If you guys can't sync up correctly I would advise getting someone to atleast step in and cover those parts with you or try to find something that the current members of the band can play without the need of artificial help.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
You're covering In Flames? Awesome.

You should talk to the sound guy of the venue you'll be playing at and make sure he knows whats up. Get the backing tracks onto an Ipod and you should be able to put that into the PA pretty easily.
We're only strays.
Quote by TeenBite
Use Guitar Pro, then remove the other layers. Most good keyboards these days will allow you to import MIDI files that they then play. Of course, there is the large problem that if there is a slight difference between the synths and you playing, you're screwed: you can't exactly have a metronome playing, so as a band you have to be PERFECT.

thats a good idea man! Yeah I know, we have a tight drummer and we have months to prepare so hopefully it will turn out good!!

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
You're covering In Flames? Awesome.

You should talk to the sound guy of the venue you'll be playing at and make sure he knows whats up. Get the backing tracks onto an Ipod and you should be able to put that into the PA pretty easily.

Yup, love that band!!

Yeah! that was my initial plan! but we do have a keyboard so we will try both!!

Thanks guys