I'm about to join a band, up to thi spoint I've only been playing an old accoustic I found laying around the house, I know the basics, but I'm much more of the songwrtier type.

But anyway I need to get a good electric guitar FAST because the bands starting up VERY soon.

If its any consolation, they want to do something new and trippy, think along the lines of Zepplin, Floyd, Nirvana, and the Doors(AKA the stoner bands).
fender strat
My stuff:
ESP LTD KH 202 w/ emg 81's
PEAVEY 5150 II Head
4x12 MESA BOOGIE RECTIFIER CAB

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
where are you located too? because then we could find them on websites suited to where you live

and a budget please
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
get a strat. just dont get a squier you'll regret it if you do
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Squier '51 $99
Dean EVO $99

You said you wanted cheap, but good, you won't get much cheaper than this for a serviceable instrument
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
budget. including the amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my budget is about 50-150, and yes I need amp.

I live in norfolk virginia, although I don't think theres any good guitar stores around here.
Quote by Nirvacious_D

I live in norfolk virginia, although I don't think theres any good guitar stores around here.

Behringer starter pack. Only $100 and that INCLUDES the amp. Go to www.musiciansfriend.com but keep in mind that the guitar and the amp are probrably pieces of shit.
I'm a person.
I'd say go used and try for an ibanez but you're not going to have anything that you'll be happy with for any long period of time at that price.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
get an ibanez or somthing....or like mention b4, a dean evo....
and for an amp, its not cheap but get a crate combo (idk what model it is..find it on muscians friend.com....but its combo like 400$ great amp..will last forever!
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by Nirvacious_D

If you can get up to lynchburg virginia we have a nice store here.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I highly Recomend the Epiphone G400 or if you can get the Epiphone SG '61 Reissue those have very fast necks and can be had for about $300. I Tried a strat and the neck is a little wider on it but on the SG its thin and fast.
umm, well does anyone know any good starters for around $200 then? What I'm getting is that anything under $200 is shit-
Can anyone give me any links, or offer any personel experience with a guitar?
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
get an ibanez or somthing....or like mention b4, a dean evo....
and for an amp, its not cheap but get a crate combo (idk what model it is..find it on muscians friend.com....but its combo like 400$ great amp..will last forever!

I'll look into getting a real nice amp a little later on, I'm really trying to reach for the scraps right now
The Squier 51 is the best cheap guitar out there. $100

You can also check out rondo music. Their SX guitars are good but not as good as the 51. If you can rangle up $200 plus shipping, I would say check out an Agile AL-2000.

If you want an amp and a guitar for $150 for band practice, I don't think you will find it. If it was for home/bedroom practice, I guess that is possible.