i hope this is in the right thread if not i'm already apologizing. so there it is...hwo do you bend am open string?
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Bend the string behind the nut. Naturally, this doesn't work with a locking nut.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Just push down on the string behind the nut. Behind the nut means beyond the first fret, near the string post. Just push down on that part of string, and there you go -> you just bended an open string!

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Quote by Zeelod
Why not just bend the same note on a different fret?

unless you have a seven string, you cant get any lower than a low E...****tard
play the notes, hold your guitar at the body, then push the headstock a little, it does a half bend, but this only works on a long note, its not really something you can just drop in riff unless its pretty slow
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
Quote by epiphonist13

Ok, so what if you wanted to bend that low string on a 7 string guitar. Ya, good job there buddy. If you want to be a dick, go to the pit, do not do that here.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
The easiest way is to use a vibrato bar. If you don't have one you can press on the string behind the nut or to bend it down, you can bend the neck.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by justin_fraser
Ok, so what if you wanted to bend that low string on a 7 string guitar. Ya, good job there buddy. If you want to be a dick, go to the pit, do not do that here.

OWNED!
thanks guys (gals?)that was an easy enough answer, i just never thought of that
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Quote by justin_fraser

You're using the exact same logic as him, except he was talking about a standard guitar and you're talking about a 7-string.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Also on some guitars you can do the same thing behind the bridge, which is a little easier to do quickly, I find.

Someone might have mentioned that already if I didn't read accurately enough...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by epiphonist13

funny, i thought you could tune guitars down =\

and just bend behind the net, or if you have a whammy bar you can use that and mute the other strings

or you can bend the neck
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

^^ but that would just involve tuning down with the tuning peg, technically it isn't bending

but yeah, that's another way you could do it. although it does have its disadvantage, as you could obviously just put your string out of tune.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR