Hey, just wondering if there is any household cleaners or anything thats ok to use to clean the neck of my guitar, i'm starting to get the dirt and grim between the frets and i am gonna change strings today and i figured i'd clean the neck, anything ok to use? just a wet rag? windex? what????
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
rosewood
anyone know?!?!?!?!?
There are guitar specific products available but anything made specifically for fine woods will be fine. A little lemon oil on a soft cloth, clean it, let the oil soak in a bit then wipe off the exess with a dry soft cloth. Follow with a little furniture paste wax to help seal the wood. Pledge furniture polish will also work for a quick simple clean and wipe. Stay away from windex or other harsh chemicals and/or water or alcohol based products as they will raise the grain of wood. Or...

go spend some money on guitar spec stuff. Its not necessary but it won't hurt either.
For the Body:
Yea, that formula 65 stuff Dunlp makes works wonders! It does take a little elbow grease to get it off of gloss finishs like those on ESP, LTD, or Epiphone guitars. My ibanez has the standard Ibanez finish on it in dark red, and it's easy enough to clean, but this LTD of mine takes a bit more effort, but the end result is great!

For the Neck:
Yea, some lemon Oil is great. I don't know if I'd use pledge, as it's got wax in it... so... I'd just use good ol' slightly damp soft cloth, and some good old fasioned Elbow Grease . Mabey a very hard bristled Tooth Brush first might take more of the dirt and grime out of the grain of the rosewood, and then the other stuff I mensioned.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Feb 6, 2007,