ok, i can pinch harmonic...i think, i can hit the string w/my thumb as i play the note, if thats how you do it.....but my friend can play it by bearly pressing his finger on a string, and pressing it down in a fret.....does anyone know what thats called, or how exactly to do it?
hes doing regular harmonics and your doing pinch harmonics
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
Quote by Phorgot
natural harmonics?

+1
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
He's doing natural harmonics if he does that with his fretting hand, or artificial harmonics if he does it with his picking hand. You're doing pinched harmonics.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
ya i know about natural haromics and pinch, i can do it in every fret, but he does the natural, and presses the string down, and it still rings out, idk it just bugs me that i cant do it lol
Best natural harmonic trick: fretless bass, fret a natural harmonic (7th fret E is pretty good, nice and loud) and then press the string onto the fretboard and slide it up
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Syn3st3rR0ck3r
ya i know about natural haromics and pinch, i can do it in every fret, but he does the natural, and presses the string down, and it still rings out, idk it just bugs me that i cant do it lol

From that description it sounds more like tapped harmonics...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.