Are they really worth it?because i got 600$ saved up.

The thing is i was thinking of maybe getting an avatar because i can get one with v30's for cheaper.

Should i go with the marshall or the avatar?
I've got a 1960a cab. i love it, nice sound comes out of it.

it was worth the cash for me.
Cream fan club member #11.
1960a's kick ass, or a 1960av if you want a warmer more vintage sound, though they also cost about $300 more.
I´ve heard great things about avatar cabs... If you have the chance, try them.
I absolutely love my 1960 B cab, it doesnt get muddy and I play very heavy music, it always cuts through really well in band situations. I've never tried Avatar though.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Marshall 1960b are really good, of course you want V-30's so as kurdt suggested the AV!
people go on about avatar, theyre just hype

it depends what sound you want

construction is a major factor in high end cabs, but a 1960a or av will do ya
allright, well sorry to change the topic but should i buy the Marshall 1960AV or should i buy an Epiphone Les Paul Custom?
I just bought my 1960A JCM900 Lead cab, and I love it. Cost me $600 but it was worth it!
High as tits
Try and seek out a Carvin Legacy cabinet. They're loaded with V30's, great build quality, reasonably priced and look great. I grabbed a bottom cabinet off the San Diego craigslist for 280 shipped. They are just as good as a Marshall 1960 cabinet, but dont look as cool in the backline. (If you care about that stuff)

EDIT: Duh, I just noticed that you have a JCM900 head, too. Thats what I was playing through my Legacy cabinet and it sounded incredible. I switched two of the V30's from the cab and put them into my JCM900 4502 combo and it brought that to life. I used the 75's from the combo and put them back into the cabinet in an X config (like the Bogner Ubershcall cabinets) and it really smoked. I was using my JCM900 4100 with the cabinet, FYI.
Last edited by demea at Feb 6, 2007,
If it were me I'd sell the Squier and the Crate or even keep them and save another $100 and grab an Avatar 2x12 and the Epi. I just think it's a better option than the Marshall cab and a Squier. You can always get a bigger, better cab later.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
I just bought my 1960A JCM900 Lead cab, and I love it. Cost me $600 but it was worth it!

thankfully, you set it up right according to the other thread! otherwise you wouldnt be sayin that!
Quote by davedoom
cab cab cab!

no epiphone!

whats wrong with the epiphone?

And the squire isn't going to make me anymore than about 15$

and i need the crate amp, im going to buy two 10" speakers for it and make it a budget bass amp
^ Why dont you just sell it and get money for a real bass amp?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone