Page 1 of 2
What, in your opinion is the best guitar of all time?

My opinion is the Ibanez Steve Vai Bad Horsie Signature!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Revision: Best Metal Guitar of all time?
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by JL_Shredder
Revision: Best Metal Guitar of all time?

isnt that a little broad? Metal is a very big genre

jk
Last edited by LumberjackTed5 at Feb 5, 2007,
gold les paul?

titanium dean dimebag razorback?
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by JL_Shredder
What, in your opinion is the best guitar of all time?

My opinion is the Ibanez Steve Vai Bad Horsie Signature!

heh, that guitar don't exist as far as i know, you mean a jem maybe? mine would be ehm, soloist. but the pickups i want just don't exist, i want the true sound of a unplugged guitar coming out of the pickups so i'd better go with mics
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 5, 2007,
Squire strat.

With a Gibson SG Body, Duncan JB and Jazz Humbuckers, and Gibson SG Ebony Neck.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Quote by TIMshady1stLP
Squire strat.

With a Gibson SG Body, Duncan JB and Jazz Humbuckers, and Gibson SG Ebony Neck.

so youre saying you would leave the squire strat bridge, headstock, and uh...yea...that stuff..on it?

lol
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
Metal & strat

The Dean Razorbacks

doesnt seem to hurt my strat. i pimped it with new pickups.

i think a soloist.
Quote by ClickClick
so youre saying you would leave the squire strat bridge, headstock, and uh...yea...that stuff..on it?

lol

Nope. It wouldnt have anything else. Just the unpainted body. The pickups that wont be attached to anyting because there is no pickguard. And the neck....with no headstock.....Cause those things arent attached. And thats it. No pots, No springs, No tuners, No strings, No Whammy, No Fixed Bridge, NO noththing. Just shred.
My Gear:
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
only downside with a soloist is that if the neck ever happened to snap it'd be a bit hard to replace therefore i prefer dinkys. a lot cheaper too
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
For real the Best metal guitar of all time would be an Ibanez Prestige S series with EMGs. In 6 or 7 string. ..........Actualy it doesnt have to be EMGs but its what most people prefer.
My Gear:
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
since this is a very general question, i will give a very general answer, the Fender Telecaster. The versatility and simplicity of it are amazing, not to mention its reliability and incredible sound.
Quote by FretboardToAsh
only downside with a soloist is that if the neck ever happened to snap it'd be a bit hard to replace therefore i prefer dinkys. a lot cheaper too

Thats such a bullshit excuse.
Lets face the facts the only reason you would really want a dinky over the soloist is if you prefer the unpainted neck, the tonal characteristics of a bolt (more alder in the body) or you like the feel of a big hunk of wood in the upper registers (believe it or not, I know quite a few guys who like having that big block in the way.. it adds more "feel" or some shit supposedly)

Well.. supposedly I own two of the best metal guitars..

Ibanez S prestige (s2170fb)
and a Jackson Soloist (SLSMG)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
Thats such a bullshit excuse.
Lets face the facts the only reason you would really want a dinky over the soloist is if you prefer the unpainted neck, the tonal characteristics of a bolt (more alder in the body) or you like the feel of a big hunk of wood in the upper registers (believe it or not, I know quite a few guys who like having that big block in the way.. it adds more "feel" or some shit supposedly)

Well.. supposedly I own two of the best metal guitars..

Ibanez S prestige (s2170fb)
and a Jackson Soloist (SLSMG)

I have to agree, with new pups, the S2170 shreds.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by One Way Ticket
I have to agree, with new pups, the S2170 shreds.

I actually like my Soloist more...
but I agree nonetheless.
Quote by smb
No. It's me.

You are a badass looking person.

On topic : For me :

JEM7VWH for leads and cleans
Takemine for acoustics
Maybe a Moser with an 81 in the bridge for rhythm
Mesa dual rect (not a guitar, I know)
Quote by Jongpil Yun
Don't Ibanez S series guitars only have 22 frets? Best guitar needs 24 <_<

You, my friend, are an idiot.

Frets are really prefernece when you get down to it.
A 21 Fret neck will have the warmest neck position availiable, ala Stratocaster.
A 22 Fret neck, will have a warm sound, but with a bit more crispness, ala any Gibson Les Paul or, the Ibanez S in question.
A 24 fret neck, has an extremely crisp and brigt neck position sound, not as crisp or full of attack as the bridge, but for a neck, real punchy.

Its all preference man, and in the end, the "ultimate" guitar is about tone, not little frillys...
or at least, I'd rather take a guitar with amazing tone, and reasonable playability... especially if its just two semitones... then a guitar with 24 frets and a "meh" tone.
like the feel of a big hunk of wood in the upper registers (believe it or not, I know quite a few guys who like having that big block in the way.. it adds more "feel" or some shit supposedly)

is there really a big hunk of wood vs a neck through.
Page 1 of 2