Do you prefer Melodic Death Metal, Technical Death Metal, Brutal Death Metal, Grindcore or Deathcore (god i hate deathcore)

My vote goes to brutal. Technical rules, but it lacks the aggression of brutal death metal.

I love bands that combine elements of brutal and technical death metal like Necrophagist, Beneath The Massacre, Nile, and Suffocation
I'd probably go with Technical, with Brutal and Melo coming in close. So many bands cross over though, that's it really quite hard to say.
"Genital Grinders," the Carcass Fan Club. P.M. Embodiment to join.
Melo is way more listenable, it seems that i have to concentrate on the music when im listening to technical and stuff. My vote is for Technical though, Necrophagist and Nile have become one of my fave bands recently.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I like melodic death metal the best. But tech death is pretty close.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Melo is way more listenable, it seems that i have to concentrate on the music when im listening to technical and stuff. My vote is for Technical though, Necrophagist and Nile have become one of my fave bands recently.

Nilecrophagist?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
pretty much equal between melodic and technical
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Brutal is running out of ideas, grindcore sucks, melodic is pretty good and technical is my favorite.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Melodic and tech.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Progressive death metal, melodic death metal, death/doom, brutal death metal, and technical death metal. In order for me. I don't listen to much brutal or tech. but whatever.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Melo- Death.

In fact, beside metalcore, melo is what got me into metal and used to the vocals.
I can't stand most brutal death metal really. The other 3 you mentioned: technical, melodic and grindcore I listen to a lot and it's really hard to chose. I guess it depends. I listen to some deathcore too but not that much. My connection to metalcore is quite limited. Out of all the death metal subgenres I'll probably go with blackened death though since it's the one I never get bored of. So blackened death ftw!
What the hell is Deathcore? That sounds totally gay and made-up ( i could be wrong about the made-up part). For me, Melo and Tech ftw!!!
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
So if balding people are the devil, your grandpa is satan's right hand man? Apparantly, the older we get, the more kvlt we are.

Founder of the Del tha funky homosapien club. pm me to join