hey, does anyone know where i could find something that breaks the song up and explains what the artist is doing? not just a tab or notation?
any help apprieciated...
thanks
Part of becoming of musician of any type is slowly taking what you hear in the song and understanding how it connects with the notation or tab. There are honestly only two solutions to this and that is to either
A) listen to a passage over and over again using trial and error till you play it correctly (THE BEST OPTION) or

B) getting a teacher and having him show you exactly what the artists is doing in a song.
Quote by Kennocha
hey, does anyone know where i could find something that breaks the song up and explains what the artist is doing? not just a tab or notation?
any help apprieciated...
thanks

Guitar World occasionally has stuff like that, if it's a REALLY famous song (i.e., Jimi Hendrix's rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner, Crazy Train, etc.)

However, you still need to listen closely to the recording. Sometimes, notation can be wrong. I'd also recommend a teacher.
Get some issues of Guitar Techniques. Above their tabs they leave notes for what's going on and how to replicate. Most magazines probably do something like this though, even if it's just a foreword.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic