I really need to start working on getting some recording tools. I literally have nothing to record with, i've been playing for a year and 2 months, and recording hasn't been a big part of me, but now I understand, I need to be able to record. All i have to use is a cheap Computer Microphone. I have Sony Acid 6.0 for a sound editing program, which I have mastered. But what i'm looking for from all of you, is a good tool to start off to get a good recording set-up around me.

Thanks
F.U.B.A.R.
Shure SM57. It's the industry standard for guitar microphones, and is applied well to vocals too. Probably other instruments to boot, but i can't remember. I'm considering picking one up...
Thing is, do I plug this into my computer, and record from there?

lol, as I said, I really have no clue how to start off doing this.
F.U.B.A.R.
Well, i think you can plug it into a mini-studio/mixing desk type thing to record and then EQ it/record/mix straight from there. A lot of these things tend to have built in hard disks and flash memory drives these days so you can save the mixes and put them on a computer or whatever else may float your boat.

They all have a differing number of tracks on them so you can recrod and combine various inputs from mics onto the same track, so double tracking becomes a possibility as does recording drums or bass or vocals, etc and then putting them onto the same mix.

Boss do a wide range of good digital recorders in most price brackets, but they do get expensive.

My explanations are somewhat sketchy so i advise you check the websites of various companies and listen to those who know better than me. Tascam also do some good products.
Last edited by pity tha' foo' at Feb 5, 2007,