hey, after seeing and playing a few Les pauls with bigsbys installed, i was thinking about getting one. the one problem , is that if i regret it, theres no turning back, unless i want to big ugly wholes on a 3000$ guitar.

just incase your confused, a bigsby is a tremolo piece that can be installed onto a guitar with a fixed brigde.
anyways, just wondering if anyone has done this to their guitar, or if you think its as good idea

cheers
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Classic Wine Red (beautiful)

Marshall vintage Jcm 800 50 watt lead combo

Fender Standard Mexican strat

Fender FM65 amp

Dunlop Cry Baby wah
My advice is play them in shops for as long as possible. Then, if you think you want one, get a really cheap Paul. Slap on a Bigsby.

If you can live with it on a $100 guitar for say... A month, you're ready to take the plunge on a real Gibby LP, knowing you'll like it. Plus the Paul will play, feel and sound much better on top.

How could you possibly resist the sexiness?

MY advice to you:

Get a roller bridge as well to minimize tuning issues.

Also, get a made in USA bigsby, not a licensed one.

If you don't like the bigsby, just don't use it, and it'll still look amazing.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Bigsby are great bridges. But don't expect to be able to divebomb and do extreme whammy work like you would with a Floyd. Bigsby aren't designed for that.

For best results:

1. Get a roller bridge so strings can gently roll over the saddles, rather then the wound strings catching on the saddle notches;

2. Get locking tuners. They will help keep the guitar in tune. On its own, a Bigsby will throw a guitar out of tune after being used a few times.

3. Although this isn't a necessity a brass nut helps a lot. It will allow the strings to glide better than graphite, and will never wear out.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor