Ok so today 2/5/07 at 4:45 ish I cut myself (on accident, working) and it was really deep on my left hand thumb about 1.75 inches down from the tip. It was with an exacto knife and I'm just wondering if anyone has done something this bad or WORSE and if it fully healed and/or effected their guitar playing. Because if this effects my playing and i can't find a way around it then i'm probably F***ed for life because my career is and will be based around guitar playing. So i'd appreciate some replies thanks.

~maggot
go to a doctor if you're that concerned, but unless you managed to slice a tendon or something (and if you did that i'm sure you would know it) it shouldn't create any problems with playing guitar.
Quote by CowboyUp
I dont know why, but I swear I have seen this exact same thread before.

With all the dumb ****s coming through here asking for medical advice, i wouldn't be suprised.
Quote by Bobbert
Don't ask us go to a ****ing docter.

1. Spelling is your friend
2. Maybe he wants some advice from someone that has been in this situation before.

but to threadstarter, sorry, can't help you there. Try to wrap it with something?
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
well....Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath chopped off two of his fretting fingers, and he plays for Sabbath, HE STARTED METAL. Munky Shaffer of KorN (i think that's his name) chopped off the tip of his middle finger. and uhh django Reindhart chopped off some fingers.
Its possible to have trapped a nerve in that case you wont be able to move it and you pretty are fu*cked but thats very improbable.
Band-Aid + Neosporin + Two Weeks = It Never Happened

There should be no bone, ligament, muscle, or tendon damage... if the bleeding has stopped by now then you just have to wait for it to heal. If the bleeding is still going, then you should probably consult a pro.
Tony Iommi. You'll be fine.

Actually, Django Reinhardt was in a fire that rendered his left hand basically useless.
PS: why are you so concerned?

I broke my hand and I was like "well, balls... no guitar for a month" but I wasn't like "OMG MY LIVELIHOOD! MY FUTURE AS A ROCK MUSICIAN!"

Maybe this injury will help you find an identity other than "guitar player"
Django Reinhardt. You'll be fine.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yeah man i got pushed into a wall and sliced my ring finger open on a nail, it was 1 1/2 inches long and blood shot out of it. But i wrapped it up good and it healed fine. But if you are worried go see a doctor.
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Go see a freakin doctor. Whats next? Someone's going to get stabbed in the forehead and he'll post a thread here wondering if he should worry about it.
HOLY SHITE THAT'S A LOT OF PEOPLE OMGZ0R@!!!!!!1111oneoneoneone...

yeah thanks for the replies i guess cough a**holes cough
that's for those of you telling me to f*** off it was a god damn question jeeze.

OK YEAH nevermind i didn't put it into perspective ie broken hands and missing fingers = guitar legends nonethenless. I was just a little worried about ending up like dave mustane having a bunch of physical theripy and what not. Thanks again guys

~maggot

p.s. no more replies.
I crushed the tip of my left (fret hand) middle finger about 2 years ago. I went and had it set back together as best the could without surgery and I had to wear a brace on my finger tip. I was supposed to wear it for 6 weeks but 4 days later I couldnt stand not being able to play my guitars so I took the brace off and dealt with the pain. I was told that I would never have the proper feeling/range of motion in that finger, but Im fine now. Works just like it never happened.

All I can say to you is toughen up girly man. Its not like you fret with your thumb anyway. You'll be fine. A minor cut is nothing major.
Quote by Bobbert
Don't ask us go to a ****ing docter.

arnt you banned,?
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
damn. 1.75 is really deep.... pics?
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
^ Why was he banned?

If it doesn't stop bleeding, you may have cut the artery. Go to a doctor? Otherwise, a simple cut shouldn't be a problem.
Quote by tonkpilsmaggot6
Ok so today 2/5/07 at 4:45 ish I cut myself (on accident, working) and it was really deep on my left hand thumb about 1.75 inches down from the tip. It was with an exacto knife and I'm just wondering if anyone has done something this bad or WORSE and if it fully healed and/or effected their guitar playing. Because if this effects my playing and i can't find a way around it then i'm probably F***ed for life because my career is and will be based around guitar playing. So i'd appreciate some replies thanks.

~maggot

I blew a chunk of flesh off my index finger with a bottle rocket, it won't effect your playing.
well i said it was actually .25 inches deep (the 1.75 was refering to how far down the thumb the cut started) and if i didn't then i meant too and thanks again for the concern and true you don't fret with your thumb but you do use it to apply pressure to the neck so your fingers push down the strings not to mention you also use it to mute the lowest string especially if you're playing chords in drop d

~maggot
Last edited by tonkpilsmaggot6 at Feb 6, 2007,
i cut my left hand index finger or i should say sliced it downwards alone the bone. its healed now and i have no prob with the guitar at the min maybe i was lucky
, but its left a bad scar.
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

Quote by snowblind190
well....Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath chopped off two of his fretting fingers, .

No he didnt.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
No he didnt.

i heard that too...
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

As everybody is adding ways they hurt their fingers:

I sliced my thumb to the bone when i slipped while trying to fit a wiring harness through some bodywork in the boot of my car, this is after i had taken to the edge with pliers to make more room so that the edge was jagged.

Spent ages trying to climb out of the boot without leaving big bloody streaks everywhere
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
Iommi just cut the ends off two of his fingers, while they were healing he developed amazing legato with his pinky finger. He also made himself a leather/plastic finger 'cap' that allowed him to play guitar normally-ish.
About a year ago, I ripped the ends off two fingers with a belt sander. I got sick of not being able to play, so I band-aided them and dealt with the pain. They healed up fine in the end.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Lol i didnt the EXACT same thing , with the same sort of knife,hit the bone, i was little though, and making a house for my dog out of cardboard , i got 4 stitches for my troubles...
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Last edited by RaNdoM-FeLiX at Feb 6, 2007,
Quote by the_random_hero
Iommi just cut the ends off two of his fingers,

Technically he ripped them off....
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu