How do people manage to get that sick sounding squeal? at first i thought it was railing the tremolo bar on a harmonic, but that didn't make sense, and no-matter what i try, i can't get that sound. I've noticed it in guitar videos (like on You tube, or any real decen guitar vid actually) and for my life can't figure it out... help?
So its just a pinch harmonic... thats so bizarre >.< i guess i just can't get it to sound right

EDIT : But i still can't get the squeal, it just sounds like a nice harmonic
Or just to get it right you can pick a note then let it ring, and VERY lightly tap the string, it won't be usable but it'll et you used to the way of how it works then you can try doing it properly.
they have told you all you really need to know, striking the string with your thumb and a slight bend pulls it all together but i found that if you pick the string downward at an angle toward your saddle it is a lot easier to get a successful pinch
How are you supposed to bend a pinch harmonic? anytime i touch the string after the whole sound dies? (in the process of watching dimebags lesson right now, letting it load)
Quote by Duerksen
How are you supposed to bend a pinch harmonic? anytime i touch the string after the whole sound dies? (in the process of watching dimebags lesson right now, letting it load)

that is NOT a pinch harmonic... dimebag's lesson is a natural harmonic squeal...

pinch harmonic is played normally (with a big aggressive vibrato) for left hand... and right hand you pick the string and let you thumb touch it very lightly... that's 2 different things....
When Zakk Wylde does them with multiple strings he kind of does a pick-scrape style pick that makes it squeal a lot more than normal.