Hey my freind is getting a lip ring, but i think they look really stupid and dumb, are there any problems that you guys and girls know of that come with getting a lip ring (other than infection ) thanks.

sorry, i want to convince him to NOT get one
Last edited by Markieg3 at Feb 5, 2007,
i didnt really understand your post, but do you want to stop him getting one?

if its the case, why? if he likes it then its his right
in 10 years, he's gonna complain about you not talking him out of it. same thing with gaging your ears, no good can come of it.
is your friend a girl?
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
one of his freinds did it and he thought it was the "coolsest" so now he wants to get one
Just rip it out. Problem solved. Until he gets a new one. And then you can rip it out again.

And then he'll stop coming within reaching distance of you. But whatever.
dude, piercings are a way to express yourself much like tattoos....or say the guitar

all my mates thought i was weird for gettin them, but eventually the understand why u get them.

respect it
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by tobythechimp
dude, piercings are a way to express yourself much like tattoos....or say the guitar

all my mates thought i was weird for gettin them, but eventually the understand why u get them.

respect it

but then, what do lip rings express? Pain?
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by tobythechimp

respect it

I know what you mean , but hes 14, and is doing it b/c his freind did it and he wants to impress him
Quote by Markieg3
I know what you mean , but hes 14, and is doing it b/c his freind did it and he wants to impress him

That is the epitome of idiocy.

Tell your buddy that doing it because someone else did it is not "cool" and that waiting until you feel you are ready to get one for YOUR OWN reasons is.
let him do it. I got mine done as a rebellion against my parents...they grew to accept it. Maybe eventually you'll grow to accept that it's his choice. If he does get it, don't bitch at him about it. Just offer him this advice- use tea tree oil and salty water for 6 weeks to make sure it don't get infected.
No drinking alcohol with a lip ring, its too much hasle just for a crappy accessory hanging off your lip.
The new fad at my school is to get it done. By yourself.

It's cool if you wanna get one yourself, but not because everyone else is doing it.
Quote by MustangMan311
The new fad at my school is to get it done. By yourself.

It's cool if you wanna get one yourself, but not because everyone else is doing it.

Same at our school.

Its pretty funny cause like 90% get infected and you just laugh and say i told you so.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
dont be a dick, let him do it. if he doesnt like it he can take it out and it will heal. big deal. (i rhymed )
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
lip rings are soooooooo fucking gay it's unreal. tell him he'll look like a complete twat if he gets one.

For some reason, when a girl has two of them, it turns me on.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Lie to him and tell him he has a higher chance of getting mouth cancer by getting a lip ring. You'd be surprised what things people will believe.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by kidsilcon
No drinking alcohol with a lip ring, its too much hasle just for a crappy accessory hanging off your lip.

What do you mean? Everyone I know who has a lip ring hits teh sauce from time to time.

Anyway, it looks really good on some people, and it's not like he's making you get one. What's the big deal? If he regrets it later in life, he can... take it out! Wow, what a concept.