Hey guys I'm a bit new to this place but not to playing bass.

I've been playing for just over a year and a half, on a 4 String Fender Pbass but in December I got a beautiful 5 string Schecter Elite, problem is I haven't been able to get alot of use out of the B String.

Any recommendations on some music I should listen to to help me utilize it? I'm open to anything so let us know.

Thanks

-Toby
The fifth string could come in handy for alot of Black/Death metal
IF YOU CANT BEAT UM, JOIN UM....and THEN WHEN THEY ARE ALL COZZY, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM AND TELL EVERYONE YOU DID IT RESPECTFULLY
Just try to play the stuff you know already, just one octave lower. It won't work with all the stuff, but I bet you could hit a low D on the 3rd fret of the B string and use that all the time.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I tune up half a step on mine to C standard and play Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Black Sabbath...etc
Ill give the C standard thing a try, im into QOTSA.

Mainly I'm into rock(all kinds) funk and some metal, indie, acoustic etc so any ideas are welcome. thanks for the replies guys
5 strings are good as you get some nice extra low notes. A good thing to do would be to drop the bottom B down a tone to A and play some korn stuff.
Vintage VRS100 Custom 24
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Harley Benton HBR7-450FRBK (7 string)
Tanglewood Nevada FST 36
Hughes & Kettner ATS MKII
Vox Tonelab SE
Sennheiser E285 S
Danelectro free Speech Talk Box
five strings are great u dont need to play death metal u can get great tone out of them with out doing play metal or anything.