Hey, I have a shot at a ValveKing 112 used, and it will cost me about $150. It's in perfect condition, and I already tried it out. I've heard a few bad things about them, and was wondering if at this price I should throw those thoughts out the window and pick it up. Seems like it may be a silly question, but figured I'd put it out there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
get it.
its good at full price.

so think of the deal your getting.

most issues are w/ reliability. but thats a hit or miss thing.
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
alot of people say it has bad reliability.

my bassist has one (his brother plays guitar) had it for 4 years, im not sure when the last time they replaced the tubes was, but it works fine, great tone.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Even if it has reliability issues, I would get it for that price. Only thing I didnt like about the one I tried in the store was that it didnt have enough gain for metal. Other than that, its a great budget tube amp.
Any idea how heavy the tone will get with a Boss SD-1 in front of it?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Well, I already have the SD-1 and never needed it because I never had a tube amp before. I have plenty of distortion pedals, I just wanted to know what use my Sd-1 would be.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I have a ValveKing 112 and I LOVE mine. I'm just having some trouble dialing in my dirty tone, lol. Don't get me wrong, it's a good dirty, it's just hard to dial in correctly. One thing to watch out for is a split second delay when switching from clean to dirty if you use the footswitch. Dunno if there is a way to get rid of it, but other than that, go for it!
I played one recently. I didn't play long, or loudly. I will say that, in my EXTREMELY limited experience with it, I was not at all impressed. I'd rather have a Blues Jr. and put a pedal in front of it, or just go with the rather good B-52 AT-1/212.
Get it. It's not that often that you get a tube amp for $150 (Unless if you're talking VJ )
Sent from my iPad.
Now, it doesn't come with a footswitch. I have a 1-button footswitch and a three-button(double input) footswitch. The amp needs a two-button switch. Is there any way I can make it work without buying a new one?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Buy it. At the very least you can resell it for double that.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Good deal, it's a nice amp for that price.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
$150? Get it.

If you wanted to, you could buy it, and re-sell it higher to make a little extra cash for a little better amp, maybe?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Alright, I AM buying it. So can anyone answer my pedal question(s)? They're in my previous posts and I don't want to type them again.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
DUN BUY IT
let me know where i can buy it

edit: in regards to the foot switch theres no gurantee if ur not using the peavey one...u'd have to try it and c... and i can tell u now the peavey one is a pos
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
haha yeah I've heard bad things about the footswitch quality. I guess I'll have to try a few different things. And this is something I'm buying used and already have on layaway. It's for me only. None of you. It cost $250 new, and my dad is going halfsies because he's awesome.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
For $150 its a great amp! For full price of $400 its just OK.

I play mine thru a Mesa Recto cab with Vintage 30's and I replaced the stock tubes with JJ's. The clean sounds great! The distortion is ok for low gain stuff, even with high gain JJ's its still not great for high gain type music.

Overall, I like mine. The cleans are nice and it takes pedals well. If I can find a good sounding distortion pedal to go with it I will be set.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
This amp is quite literally the most rocking Amp I know of. Even at 400 its a steal for an all tube amp. You get that amp, play it a while, test some other things. If you don't like it sell it, Probably for twice what you bought it for and get something you like better
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff