Hey guys, I know this is a very noobish question (especially considering I've been playing for about 4 years) but I'm thinking of upgrading my guitar (pickups n' such) and I was wondering about strap locks: How much do they cost? How do I install them? How do they keep the straps from falling off? Do they actually work? Anything else I should know?
The Only member of the "I hate people with huge sigs club." Don't PM me to join.
Strap locks go for about $11-$25 depending on which you get and where you get them. Theyre easy to install. Take off your existing strap peg, and replace it with the one provided with the locks. Yes they work, I have them on all my guitars/straps...I wouldnt play without em.
I would highly recomend Dunlop's Dual Design Straploks. I got them on all of my guitars, because they are the best I have used, and they have never let me or my guitars down. They are easy to install and are very inexpensive. They cost around 20 dollars depending on what color you decide you want. The only thing that is kind of bad about them is that they stick out alittle far in my opinion, but like I said earlier they are the best I have used, and I would recommend them to anyone.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
The little plastic Dunlop discs that fit on the strap button over the strap are the best in my opinion

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Thanks dudes!
The Only member of the "I hate people with huge sigs club." Don't PM me to join.
I use Dunlops, but Schallers are good, too. Personal choice I guess.