How do i do pinch harmonics, i just cant figure it out?
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
werd
when i first started guitar, i used to do pinch harmonics all the time..by accident.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

I hate Gun"n"roses and i hate velvet revolver, there emo music, ew.

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
google "pinch harmonics". There's a tone of website with video on how to do it. I learnt it that way myself.

cheers!

BTW, strike a string and immediately touch the edge of your thumb somewhere between the pickups. Its an experiment. On one string you can get several harmonic spots between the pups. so basically you can keep picking strings and go up and down a string and get harmonics. Hard to explain. got to see some videos or something...

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
Quote by emperor_black
google "pinch harmonics". There's a tone of website with video on how to do it. I learnt it that way myself.

cheers!

BTW, strike a string and immediately touch the edge of your thumb somewhere between the pickups. Its an experiment. On one string you can get several harmonic spots between the pups. so basically you can keep picking strings and go up and down a string and get harmonics. Hard to explain. got to see some videos or something...

that sounds pretty interesting, imma have to try that.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
Quote by rockdude_2008
werd
when i first started guitar, i used to do pinch harmonics all the time..by accident.

With lots of distortion and hot pickups, you can get in that situation easily. And to the threadstarter, you gotta have a lot of distortion when you are learning to get the pinch harmonics. Once you are an expert, and you memorized the locations where you get the harmonics, then its not absolutely necessary to have tons of disto.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

aight, thanks guy, i do what rockdude did, i do it by accident, then i try to do it again and it doesnt work

thanks tho ill try it
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
i don't get it. I used to not be able to do them whatsoever. then one day I could. now i can't figure out how i couldn't do em before. seems like im doing the exact same thing, but now it works. kinda weird.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Well, IMO it's different on every guitar.

Probably not true, but with every guitar with a different scale it is, because it's all to do with the distance between where you're trying to get the harmonic from the bridge, and from the nut.

As far as I'M aware though, its all in % distance. Which is why the 12th fret is an octave and gives the easiest natural harmonic.
i have wondered y its so easy to make a natural harmonic at the 12 frets but the others r kinda difficult
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
You just got better at the technique. Dont bother figuring out why you could not do it. Check and see if you can do it consistently. Then add a pinched harmonic to a lick that you are practising.

cheers!

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

Because of Science.

The most natural harmonic is the easiest to pull off. That is the one thats half way between the bridge and the nut, which is at the 12th fret,

Notes are all mathematic, and through Hertz (Hz), they all have a link.

i.e. take middle A, which is 440Hz, the next A above that is 880Hz, and the A below it would be 220Hz.

Crazy eh?
Quote by rockdude_2008
i have wondered y its so easy to make a natural harmonic at the 12 frets but the others r kinda difficult

5th and 7th fret naturals are easy to get too. So is 17th or 19th I forget. Theoretically with sufficient distortion, you can get natural harmonics at all the frets but the one you mentioned and the ones above are the easiest.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

one word.................PRACTICE!!!!!!
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.