I hope this is the right forum. What are the basics i should know for basic guitar repair? Like changing strings with different kinds of bridges, a tremelo system or a floyd rose or a fixed (is that what it is called?) bridge? I need you fine people on UG to explain to me how to do the basic handy-work with guitars.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
To do basic guitar maintenance, you should know how to:

- Adjust action on all the different types of bridges
- Adjust intonation on all the different types of bridges
- Adjust a truss rod
- Set pickup height
- Basic soldering/wiring skills for repairing/customizing electronics

More advanced guitar maintenance includes nut filing and fret leveling/replacement.

There is a book available that talks about pretty much all aspects of guitar maintenance. Another good resource is manufacturer websites.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
To do basic guitar maintenance, you should know how to:

- Adjust action on all the different types of bridges
- Adjust intonation on all the different types of bridges
- Adjust a truss rod
- Set pickup height
- Basic soldering/wiring skills for repairing/customizing electronics

More advanced guitar maintenance includes nut filing and fret leveling/replacement.

There is a book available that talks about pretty much all aspects of guitar maintenance. Another good resource is manufacturer websites.

Would anyone mind to go into detail on some/all of those? I feel so lame, but i need to learn it somehow...
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by 812many
Would anyone mind to go into detail on some/all of those? I feel so lame, but i need to learn it somehow...

Yea I guess I wanna learn that kind of stuff too... it'd save me lots of bucks :P

(thanks for the fender.com site... I'll check it out! )
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!