ive been there,its more of a accesory store....cables, strings...that kind of stuff.
Quote by jnl
ive been there,its more of a accesory store....cables, strings...that kind of stuff.

accessories? You mean they don't sell guitars and amps?? I'm just trying to get my hands on a Cube 30
yea i go to school nearby in Iona. Mostly overpriced but its just like anyother GC. Go there pick out a nice guitar, plug into a nice amp... then leave and buy it somewhere else cheaper lol

they have everything pretty much, Guitars, amps, accessories. books other instruments
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
Quote by mrdeuce
yea i go to school nearby in Iona. Mostly overpriced but its just like anyother GC. Go there pick out a nice guitar, plug into a nice amp... then leave and buy it somewhere else cheaper lol

they have everything pretty much, Guitars, amps, accessories. books other instruments

hmm, i assumed most things would cost the same as online. The Cube 30x is $229 online...How much do you think I could get it for in-store?

(btw, what is larchmont like? city-like? White Plains-ish?)
Last edited by LordBattlecrisp at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by LordBattlecrisp
hmm, i assumed most things would cost the same as online. The Cube 30x is $229 online...How much do you think I could get it for in-store?

(btw, what is larchmont like? city-like? White Plains-ish?)

im sure if you brought a print out of it from online into the store and it wasnt that price you could would leave with same price plus tax. But if your smart youll keep the printout in your pocket and if its overpriced tell the guy your going somewhere else to get it cheaper and see if you can bargain him down.

larchmont has parts that are sorta city like like white plains. (primarily the area by guitar center) but a few blocks away you get towards some seriously expensive suburbs. Its a pretty nice area
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
Quote by mrdeuce
im sure if you brought a print out of it from online into the store and it wasnt that price you could would leave with same price plus tax. But if your smart youll keep the printout in your pocket and if its overpriced tell the guy your going somewhere else to get it cheaper and see if you can bargain him down.

larchmont has parts that are sorta city like like white plains. (primarily the area by guitar center) but a few blocks away you get towards some seriously expensive suburbs. Its a pretty nice area

k thanks man, i will go prepared w/ a printout
they are one of the smaller GCs.

i bought my blues jnr there tho. i got a really good deal cause i bought the one off the floor.

no they dont have a tons of different guitars. but sometimes they have a few good second hand amps in the back.

the white plains sam ash has more guitars.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
A friend of mine was actually ranting about how the employees at the Larchmont GC are incompetent during lunch today, lol.
New Yorkers ftw! ...I've never been to Larchmont, I go to the one in Queens - next to chuck e. cheese's
Quote by Siftings
New Yorkers ftw! ...I've never been to Larchmont, I go to the one in Queens - next to chuck e. cheese's

lol thats where i go too lol
used to have allot of cool people working there but allot of them left.
Holy crap! I wish I could get a job there...then I could go to Toy'r'us and .... used car dealerships. This is creepy
lol
i probably seen you around
used to go everyday for like a year,never went to school...
Quote by SuperSnake2012
A friend of mine was actually ranting about how the employees at the Larchmont GC are incompetent during lunch today, lol.

they are pretty young there. but in the amp section, there's a guy in his late 30's wt a beard. he's the one i talk to.

i felt bad for this girl shopping in that gc last time i was there. she was so clueless, and none of the sales guys were helping her.
so i walked her around and showed her all the different guitars.

turns out they didnt even have any MIM strats, anything really. so, i told her not to buy any of the crap they did have.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Geez I thought all the incompetent GC employees were here in PA!! It's the same damn way in the one near Pittsburgh. You go in, and ask about something, and the guy's like "Uhhh, I don't know...I work in pro sound." Even the guitar guys are clueless. When I'm interested in something, I wanna know everything I can about it.
You gotta sell me the product, man. Tell me stuff about it that will convince me to buy it.
There's another one out near the Pittsburgh airport that isn't as bad. The guys know a little more but they're always hanging around BS'ing and you practically have to chase THEM around to get them to assist you.
The only GC is was impressed with was the one in Nashville, TN when I went on vacation. The sales guy didn't mob me as soon as I walked in, but when I eyed up a nice Ibanez he was right there telling me about the features and was more than willing to hook me up and start trying it. Hats off to the Nashville store.
Besides, I've heard many a rumor that GC deals mostly in B stock stuff...I want no part of that.
Proud customer of Guitar Center in Albany, on Wolf Rd

They have a wide selection and a wall full of Les Pauls. Most of the guys there know how to weave a tune and are knowledgeable enough.

There's a good privately owned Guitar Shop run by a luthier in Scotia. He always has all the "exotic" parts GC never seems to have (... like tremelo springs...)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Feb 6, 2007,