Page 1 of 4
I've been wondering this for a while, and the search bar didnt help much.

What are metal heads thoughts on hip hop music?

Alot of my friends think it's talentless music, n i get shit from them alot by liking it.

I jus really can find some of it to be pretty good. Some of the newer kind of sucks, but i still listen to Run DMC and Snoop alot. I guess i consider myself a big metal fan n stuff, but i'm not goin to restrict myself to just that only because its expected of metal fans to dislike hip hop.

So UG, what are your thoughts on hip hop.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Yeah.

Like.

Some hiphop kind of sucks. Like i really cant get into Ciara or Usher or anything.

But some of it is so catchy u almost have to like it.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
I like. Not a metalhead btw.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Feb 5, 2007,
I am a metal head, and there is alot of hip hop music that i love.

Early too$hort, early dre and snoop, and alot more. Hip hop is fun, because my best friend is really into hip hop (not really metal) and he plays the drums. When ever i go over there and we jam, i bring my bass and just make up cool syncopated drum and bass beats all day long. ITs great, and plus its easier than making him learn "blackened" on the drums!
Not Enough AssHatery
Run DMC
Public Enemy
NWA
Gnarles Barkley
Gorillas
Atmosphere
K-Os

All FTW
I hate hip hop. I've argued about this many times, and heard some arguements that were actually very persuasive. I still hate it. I hope I always will.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Hip Hop > you.

/thread.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I hate hip hop. I've argued about this many times, and heard some arguements that were actually very persuasive. I still hate it. I hope I always will.

Do you just hate the sounds and beats of it?

Or like what speciffically do you not like
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Why would you want to hate a genre of music?
the only ones that i can think of that i like are public enemy and RATM (not really hip hop, but it's got some of the elements)
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I'm not a metal head but I ****en hate it. I hate everything about it. But mainly how cool those guys think they are when really they're morons with no education and a westside tatoo on their chests.

oh yeah and the music sucks
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
I love melodic, technical, and death metal. I listen to and play it regularly. On the other hand I enjoy rap and hip hop just as much. Metalheads hating rap and other genres is just a stereotype.
haha GodofCheesecake. see it is music and good music. you just hate cuz thats what ur accustomed to do. But I'm a complete metal head and I love rap. and most hip hop. basically anything that they dont play out on the radio 24/7 is good Rap/hip hop. and old stuff is good too. I'd have to say that rap and hip hop has made me a more well rounded drummer too.
Quote by Gummy Balls
i'm not a metal head but I ****en hate it. I hate everything about it. But mainly how cool those guys think they are when really they're morons with no education and a westside tatoo on their chests,

What a stupid argument. Thats just like hating all rock because you don't like Nickelback
I'M BRINGIN' SEXY BACK, YEAH!
Quote by Gummy Balls
i'm not a metal head but I ****en hate it. I hate everything about it. But mainly how cool those guys think they are when really they're morons with no education and a westside tatoo on their chests,

You cant say theyre morons with no education

Thats what people think about most metal heads.

Same with the tatoos part.

Its cool if you dont like something, but u cant really judge them. Theres no way theyre morons if you see some of the rhymes they can come up with on the spot
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by Gummy Balls

don't forget the gold and diamonds on their teeth... my god that's fucking stupid
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by Nelsean
Hip Hop > you.

/thread.

+45918334701222228527789134335.....
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Gavvvvvin
What a stupid argument. Thats just like hating all rock because you don't like Nickelback

it's crap music also

and it's not an argument, each to his own and thats my opinion
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

There's not really any genre of music where i have not heard anything repesctable from. There can be really good anything, just has to rise above the crowd, like all the metal bands i'm into... but that's not my favorite genre at all.

Besides, don't hate black people cause they put diamonds and stuff in their mouth. For one, it''s the most baller thing you can do to your food and second, it makes their doodoo twinkle man.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Last edited by santhony1987 at Feb 5, 2007,
it doesnt matter to me every once in a while there will be a good song and i like alot of the older stuff but metals more me
and ppl are amazed wen they look through my ipod and see rap b/c i look like the metal guy
Quote by Adam_G
I think it's appropriate for you to walk outside and get some sunlight and maybe a life

Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl annoying me on the bus.
Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"
Her:"What??! Noo!"
Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."
By posting this I'm probably going to get way more involved in this thread than i want to, but I don't like the.... culture. Not black people in general, just the ones that wear the huge gold chains and pants on their knees and think it's cool to cuss every other word, do drugs, and make bad grades. White people do that too, so I'm not being racist. But it's rap that causes that, and it annoys the hell out of me. Also, I think it takes way less talent than the metal bands I listen to.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I don't like Hip-Hop. I like rap.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
Yeah I def second Rb cam Rb. some of those guys are complete masterminds. I'd like to see that Rap hater try to come up with three sentences that made legitament sense and rhymed(oh and could sell records and make shitloads of money, haha).
I hate when people argue that rap is so "easy" and requires no skill. With that thought I'd love to see those people put out some rap music. I mean common, if it is so easy you might as well get in on the profits and make some cash. The truth is, just because something is a simple form of music (ex. only bass, drums, vocals) does not make is easy.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
By posting this I'm probably going to get way more involved in this thread than i want to, but I don't like the.... culture. Not black people in general, just the ones that wear the huge gold chains and pants on their knees and think it's cool to cuss every other word, do drugs, and make bad grades. White people do that too, so I'm not being racist. But it's rap that causes that, and it annoys the hell out of me. Also, I think it takes way less talent than the metal bands I listen to.

It doesnt take less talent.

It takes a different type of talent.

You cant ask DMX to try and become Vai.

Then again you cant ask Satch to become more legendary than Snoop in the hiphop world.

Point is, some hiphop artists are just as talented in the genre as some guitarists are in metal
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by RB cam RB

Then again you cant ask Satch to become more legendary than Snoop in the hiphop world.

Point is, some hiphop artists are just as talented in the genre as some guitarists are in metal

Very insightful post. You're possibly one of the best newer users i've seen in while. Kudos.
I personally dont like it. I dont like how all they really do is talk over top of the same beat over and over that they dont even play themselves. You actually have to have quite a bit of coordination to play guitar and sing at the same time without ****ing up. I just think that almost anyone can be a rapper or whatever cause if you can make words rhyme and squeeze them between beats then you can rap. I am a metal head and it takes more thought than it seems to put the words to go along with the riffs your play and matching the types of riffs with the lyrics. But the thing I hate about hip hop is how they are always talking about chicks, fast cars, money, and drugs. SERIOUSLY IT GETS ****ING REPETITIVE!!!!!!MAKE UP SOMETHING NEW AND ID CONSIDER LISTENING TO IT!!!!!(by the way dont bash me for my comment, its my personal opinion)
Quote by RB cam RB

dude are you gonna defend hip hop to everyone that says they don't like it? cause if you are it could be along night
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas

A Tribe Called Quest are better than most rock bands.
Wade in the water, child.
That's right, a metal guitarist couldn't make it as a rapper, because he doesn't have the same views as the whole culture I was referring to. However, I know some bands that can rhyme just as good, and are more talented musically at the same time.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by stumtk
I personally dont like it. I dont like how all they really do is talk over top of the same beat over and over that they dont even play themselves. You actually have to have quite a bit of coordination to play guitar and sing at the same time without ****ing up. I just think that almost anyone can be a rapper or whatever cause if you can make words rhyme and squeeze them between beats then you can rap. I am a metal head and it takes more thought than it seems to put the words to go along with the riffs your play and matching the types of riffs with the lyrics. But the thing I hate about hip hop is how they are always talking about chicks, fast cars, money, and drugs. SERIOUSLY IT GETS ****ING REPETITIVE!!!!!!MAKE UP SOMETHING NEW AND ID CONSIDER LISTENING TO IT!!!!!(by the way dont bash me for my comment, its my personal opinion)

I'm gonna bash you anyways, cuz you're ****ing ignorant.

Please, if rap is so easy, and anyone can do it, please flow over this here beat
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
all you have to do to have a big rap hit is write a song about the simplest dance move you can think of, put it to a simple bassline and some scratching, and you'll make millions off of the royalties alone from how much MTV, BET, and radio stations play songs like that... it's ridiculous
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by Gummy Balls
dude are you gonna defend hip hop to everyone that says they don't like it? cause if you are it could be along night

Haha i just cant stand when people say hiphop doesnt take talent.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
stumtk, here's my opinion: Your just an idiot and can't really understand the artform of it all. Maybe you were just handfed as a child and had the luxury to buy an instrument and play it unlike most rappers out there. It's usually a rags to riches story for those guys. And you probably don't understand that.
Page 1 of 4