Yelloooow,

Here lies the only Prince thread. I have created it so users can discuss him, heeya, due to recent convos about him on the superbowl performance.

So, discuss away! What do yall know about Prince??

Personally, I was impressed and will be looking into more Prince worx.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
hes pretty good at guitar, but he looks like a major how would you say it, homosexual?
ummm, prince is gayer(is that a word) than rod stewart and richard simmons mixed. and during the super bowl, he wasnt even playing, his hands were doing odd things that wasnt making the same noises as were coming out of the speakers they had
disasterpiece
he was playing^ i promise you that...
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
i heard that not only could the people on the ISS see the fireworks from space, they could see prince's ego
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
he looked like aunt jemima with his bandana
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by xdirgeinfernox
ummm, prince is gayer(is that a word) than rod stewart and richard simmons mixed. and during the super bowl, he wasnt even playing, his hands were doing odd things that wasnt making the same noises as were coming out of the speakers they had

Don't badmouth Rod Stewart.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
I like his solo at the end of Let's Go Crazy. 'tis a very good solo. Not being American I didn't watch the superbowl, but according to my flatmates he was terrible.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
yea Prince was most definatley playing. GREAT superbowl perfomance he always delivers live! very talented
Hey
I was pleasantly surprised that he covered the Foo Fighters and didn't ruin it.

I've never seen him before this appearance last night but I was actually blown away by his style.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Prince is an excellent musician and not liking him just cause he's an omnisexual, is ridiculous.
Quote by Patches McGee
I was pleasantly surprised that he covered the Foo Fighters and didn't ruin it.

I was surprised he managed to make "Best of You" into a song I could bear listening to.

Prince is an incredibly talented musician and a vastly underrated guitarist. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the music he makes but he gets nothing nothing but respect from me.
He's straighter than a straight thing by the way, you should see the parade of women he's seduced: just likes camp is all.
The master of funk guitar though, his solos stick in most people's memory, Let's go Crazy being the main one, but the rhythm stuff is amazing: I've spent years trying to crack that groove he seems to be able to do in his sleep.. His last Musicology is good, after a decade of unlistenable weirdness, but he's like beck in that he can do anything and pull it off. Definitely worth exploring if you can manage to see outside hairy men with 100 watt stacks.
what do I know?
he is one of the most underated musicians ever. He is just amazing,
Read my post. Not this.
prince is ****ing great...and his performance was outstanding..ive always thought of him as a sort of 90's hendrix. he is truly one of the most underated guitarists around just because of the way he looks. you cockshiners prove that point exactly.

and by the way if you didnt catch it when the big sheet goes up, at a few points it looks like the bottom of his guitar is a dick
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Not being American I didn't watch the superbowl, but according to my flatmates he was terrible.

Your flatmates have no taste.
you should check out the prince acoustic session he did a while back, just type in prince acoustic and its up there, i can't post a link as uni doesnt seem to like youtube! anyway he's got some skills, purple rain is an amazing song!
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"
I think Prince is an extremely talented musician and I love the album "Purple Rain". He has been very consistent in his work aswell which is difficult and he must be incredible live, as he owned the superbowl half time show. I would love to be Prince (but taller).
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Good musician, but definitely not who they should've hired for Superbowl. i mean, the guys who watch Superbowl generally don't listen to prince.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by stomhawki
prince = fantastic
anyone else excited for the new album?
you can listen to some new tracks here: http://www.lotusflow3r.com/
sounds kinda cheesy but i'm excited

Yep, really looking forward to it.

There's going to be three new albums though, isn't there?
Quote by sweet.oblivion
Yep, really looking forward to it.

There's going to be three new albums though, isn't there?

i believe so. not sure how any of them are going to turn out though...