So for the longets time I've been wanting an ALL Tube Half-stack. Ive read all goos things about the Peavey 6505 and the 6505+.

So I' am planning on getting the 6505+ and a Marshall 1960 cab.

My question....

since the amp is going to be about 1156 and can 649 that means I am going to have cash left over. I have about 2200 spending money...I can go a little bit over.

I was thinking are there any better amps for this price because I heard that Peavey products arent all that great. Maybe someone can recomend me a Marshall amp thats good in Gain and in power...

hope you guys can help me thanx
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
imo the 6505>any marshall when it comes to temrs or gain/ "power"

but for that price some mesas are worth considering and possibly some Framus's if your lucky
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I was thinking about mesas.....dont know how much they would cost or anything
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
a dual recto head would cost anywhere between 1200-1600. And a good cab for a good price would be an avatar cab (got my old one for 400). Theres other guys here that can help you better when you have a budget that big.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
avatar cabs would let you spend a little more on the head.

and peavey is perfectly good, they get bashed because of a low-end tube amp. not justified.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Just cos a company's low-end stuff isn't great doesn't mean their high-end stuff is crap. Case in point: Marshall. And Line 6, to a certain extent.