im just wondering if a dimarzio evolution neck combined with a emg 85(or possibly the zak wylde) would make a nice tone

do the two intertwine with how they sound? or can i have the individual tone of the pickup (treble or rhythm, not in the middle)

i have a epiphone lespaul custom if that helps

i can clarify if theres somtehing too vague
What amp? I don't think it would work any seeing as the 85 is an active pick-up, and the DiMarzio is passive. You'd have to look for another one.
The difference is active pick-ups are "hotter", and require batteries to work, while passive pick-ups don't. Seeing your amp, it would be wise to drop the EMG, and look at another DiMarzio .
what if i put in batteries for the emg?

if i did...how long would they really last..
btw. do you have any suggestions based on your preference (im just looking for some ideas)
The difference is that they wouldn't work, because they're not both active. The batteries usually last depending on how much you use the guitar. Even if you did buy both active pick-ups, they wouldn't sound very good on an SS amp.
Quote by andurooo
btw. do you have any suggestions based on your preference (im just looking for some ideas)

The DiMarzio Super Distortion would be a nice addition, though maybe wait for a second opinion on this one.