Since I've had my bass, I noticed that the tone knob was never very functional. After 4 years of acquiring enough knowledge about my bass to have the guts to take a look at it, I realized that the knob was hardly even connected to the wiring underneath the pickguard. Basically, it popped right out, which told me that it was not doing anything. Hopefully I'm making myself clear here. =P

What I want to know is if there's any way to fix this. It'd be really nice to have a bass that could go from low- to high-sounding without messing with the amp all the time.

I also have a much more minor problem. The shiny knob covers on my bass are coming loose and pop off with almost no effort at all. Any way to make them stay on more securely?
resolder it...and the knobs...well i used loctite a very minimal amount actually...it got into the pots...it made me so f-ing mad. try to be very careful if you use loc tite for the screws in the knobs
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by Ampeg SVT
resolder it...and the knobs...well i used loctite a very minimal amount actually...it got into the pots...it made me so f-ing mad. try to be very careful if you use loc tite for the screws in the knobs

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not quite sure what loctite is.
....go to hardware store ask for blue loctite...its a thing to keep screws and stuff from unscrewing themselves (oh my god this sounds wrong) so get the blue one so you can unscrew it later, the red one is permanent.
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.