Page 1 of 3
This is the thread for the underground christian metal band Believer. Now, I ask that you please do not be biased against them because of the fact that they're a christian band. Whether you're christian or not, I think that you'll enjoy them. They're a sort of trash/progressive type band. Vocals aren't the greatest, but they're extremely talented none-the-less. I recommend that you all check out their myspace page (listed below) and listen to the first song of the four labeled "Trilogy of Knowledge." (It's one long song, but it's split up into seperate parts.)

http://www.myspace.com/believermusic2

If you'd like to hear more, check out this one. http://www.myspace.com/believermusic
It's hard for me to take a band seriously with a name like 'beliver'. Then again there's worse band names. I really dislike the vocals for these guys and the music is boring as hell. I'm gonna go back to listening to Demonic Christ now.
Dimensions is a pretty sick album in my opinion. Definately one of the greater christian metal bands. i like them alot. been trying to get my hands on some of their cds.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Not bad, but boring.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Kinda boring but I've heard worse.
And what's up with all these christian bands starting to pop up from nowere, were the love for satan that made uh...I don't know...Slayer, which this band clearly has influences from. Screw this now I'm gonna go listen to some Deicide!

*Leaves thread*
I'm not a fan, the only christian metal band that I've come across and really enjoyed was Trouble, who are fantastic. Their title as christian metal is really debatable though. This is pretty meh from me.
The riffs are pretty good, the vocals are horrid though. Nice to see an okay christian band though!
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Kinda boring but I've heard worse.
And what's up with all these christian bands starting to pop up from nowere, were the love for satan that made uh...I don't know...Slayer, which this band clearly has influences from. Screw this now I'm gonna go listen to some Deicide!

*Leaves thread*

Actually, they started around the late 80s/early 90s.
gotta love the fucking retards trying to appear blasphemous and evil by stating the most satanic band possible in order to sound cool. which there are much more evil bands then Deicide anyway.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
gotta love the fucking retards trying to appear blasphemous and evil by stating the most satanic band possible in order to sound cool. which there are much more evil bands then Deicide anyway.

Yes, I try to hard to be blasphemous and br00tal
The song Shadow of Death was okay, a bit boring with the same riff over again.

I'm listening to Beherit - The Oath Of Black Blood
who cares if they're Christians? Their lyrics are pretty damn abstract. I guarantee they were on acid during the Dimensions days.

If you're listening to bands just because they're satanic, you're into music for the wrong reasons. Why not just read the satanic bible all day?

Believer uses so many ****ed up harmonies... I swear they're like a death metal Watchtower minus the change-every-riff-every-second type deal. Dimensions is really unique. I love the other albums too, and the new one is really good. It's a shame that so many moronic elitists are ignoring them just because their Christian. Most of their lyrics are abstract as hell so you really have to delve deep into their diction to even find a phrase about Jesus.

and I don't listen to them because they're Christian, I couldn't care less. I love their music.

my band is covering What Is But Cannot Be on our upcoming EP, Thoughtcrime

check out this Blabbermouth article about it and the song we're doing for The Toxic Avenger 5:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124924
Sanity Obscure is excellent technical Destruction worship. I'm not a fan of their symphonic experimentations, but to deny their riffing abilities is blasphemy.
Even "classic" Believer sounds like a mish mash of poorly stitched together parts sewn up by opportunists who don't understand the genre. That isn't terribly surprising. They are, after all, Christians.

It's a rare piece of propaganda that works as art.
Quote by Sein und Zeit
Even "classic" Believer sounds like a mish mash of poorly stitched together parts sewn up by opportunists who don't understand the genre. That isn't terribly surprising. They are, after all, Christians.

It's a rare piece of propaganda that works as art.

What's to understand? If you're referring to their attempts of blending symphony with thrash I agree, but otherwise they aren't very mish-mashy. If anything they're a bit on the monotonous Mental Vortex side of things.
The music is actually quite good. What I hate is the fact that they are using their music as a vehicle to preach a religious message and other supposed "moral" messages.

Piss off.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
I feel incredibly stupid, reading what I wrote in this thread about two and a half years a go. I apologize for it as I can't remember why the hell I would write something like that =/
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Aug 12, 2009,
Listen to Theocracy instead.

The music is actually quite good. What I hate is the fact that they are using their music as a vehicle to preach a religious message and other supposed "moral" messages.

Piss off.
Countless bands do this. Not neccessarily religious messages, but so many bands impose their beleifs on you.

Get. Over. It.
Not overly bad, but I can't hear any riffs worth writing down.

I GUESS I'LL GO LISTEN TO GORGOROTH THEN LOLOLOL
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by Butt Rayge
Listen to Theocracy instead.

Countless bands do this. Not neccessarily religious messages, but so many bands impose their beleifs on you.

Get. Over. It.

Haha. I think you'll find that most bands that talk about Satan or the Nordic Gods are actually atheists, they are just using biblical imagery and metaphor to make their lyrics more dramatic and don't actually adhere to the so called schools of thought that they claim to support. And those that do try and enforce these belief systems, or any other system of belief, can fuck off as well, because their Gods don't exist either.

Get. It. Right.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Last edited by matt85210 at Aug 12, 2009,
Ralph Santolla is a Christian. (waits for elitist kids' heads to explode)

who cares if they're Christian??? Like I said before if you're only listening to music because it's Satanic (which basically amounts to shock appeal "ooo how taboo"), then you shouldn't be listening to music at all. If you're really interested in Satanism, read the satanic bible. Otherwise, listen to music because it sounds good.

Besides, most of the lyrics of Dimensions have nothing to do with religion, and if they do, they are so twisted and abstract (they probably discovered LSD around that time) you can't even tell.

maybe if half of all you haters knew a thing or two about music, you'd know that Believer is extremely original, extremely techincal/progressive, and very abstract.

I wouldn't give 2 ****s if Deicide was Satanic or not, I listen for the music and the music only. Sure some lyrics from bands may be cool, but that gets lumped together with everything because I listen to music as a whole.

hell, Nonpoint is about pollution.

grow up, kids! I don't mean to be hating or anything, this isn't a personal attack. I just feel that people will be missing out on a great band.

and for the record, I am an Atheist. But I'm not one of those racist elitist types
Last edited by ThinkThis at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by HamburgerBoy
What's to understand? If you're referring to their attempts of blending symphony with thrash I agree, but otherwise they aren't very mish-mashy. If anything they're a bit on the monotonous Mental Vortex side of things.

What Believer clearly failed to understand is that there is a relationship between sound and content in metal, and especially, between the way the music is structured and what the music means. It's probably the single most common mistake of crap metal bands of all varieties: they never really get beyond mimicking or expanding upon the technique of their influences to grasping that technique is a means to an end, not an end in itself. As a consequence, their music is always an exercise in sounding like rather than sounding about: they always miss out on the coherence and expressive lucidity that separates the artists from the wannabes.

As I've already mentioned, this is a common mistake, but it's especially unsurprising from a group whose interest in metal is really limited to its possible utility as a tool for religious propaganda.
How about we, oh I dunno, discuss the ACTUAL FUCKING MUSIC instead? Hmm?

All you angsty, whiney little atheists need to shut the fuck up. Blah, blah, God doesn't exist. Who cares? METAL discussion now, for the love of Satan.

You think you're the coolest fucking stuff on the block, doncha? "Look at me, I'm an atheist, I'm different. Let me show you how controversial I am lolol." SHUT UP. It's annoying. I don't believe in a god, but guess what? I DON'T IMPOSE IT ON OTHER PEOPLE IN A FUCKING MUSIC THREAD.

Jesus Fucking Christ, or some other blasphemic way to say "whatever you believe in."
Philosophy > Life
Last edited by MoogleRancha at Aug 12, 2009,
Quote by ThinkThis

I am an Atheist. But I'm not one of those racist types

Good work.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by Butt Rayge

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Most non-Christians say they're more open-minded and don't like the discriminatory nature of the religion, yet whine at Christians about their religion.

Oh boy.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
How about we, oh I dunno, discuss the ACTUAL FUCKING MUSIC instead? Hmm?

All you angsty, whiney little atheists need to shut the fuck up. Blah, blah, God doesn't exist. Who cares? METAL discussion now, for the love of Satan.

You think you're the coolest fucking stuff on the block, doncha? "Look at me, I'm an atheist, I'm different. Let me show you how controversial I am lolol." SHUT UP. It's annoying. I don't believe in a god, but guess what? I DON'T IMPOSE IT ON OTHER PEOPLE IN A FUCKING MUSIC THREAD.

Jesus Fucking Christ, or some other blasphemic way to say "whatever you believe in."

I don't think you're reading the same thread as the rest of us....
Trust me, I am. Bottom line, you guys are too obsessed over the ideology and not the music.
Philosophy > Life
You're the only person in the thread discussing "ideology" at all. How about, you know, addressing the arguments that have actually been made instead of a straw man of your own construction?
Umm...

Piss off.

Haha. I think you'll find that most bands that talk about Satan or the Nordic Gods are actually atheists, they are just using biblical imagery and metaphor to make their lyrics more dramatic and don't actually adhere to the so called schools of thought that they claim to support. And those that do try and enforce these belief systems, or any other system of belief, can fuck off as well, because their Gods don't exist either.

Get. It. Right.

Quote by ThinkThis
Ralph Santolla is a Christian. (waits for elitist kids' heads to explode)

who cares if they're Christian??? Like I said before if you're only listening to music because it's Satanic (which basically amounts to shock appeal "ooo how taboo"), then you shouldn't be listening to music at all. If you're really interested in Satanism, read the satanic bible. Otherwise, listen to music because it sounds good.

Besides, most of the lyrics of Dimensions have nothing to do with religion, and if they do, they are so twisted and abstract (they probably discovered LSD around that time) you can't even tell.

maybe if half of all you haters knew a thing or two about music, you'd know that Believer is extremely original, extremely techincal/progressive, and very abstract.

I wouldn't give 2 ****s if Deicide was Satanic or not, I listen for the music and the music only. Sure some lyrics from bands may be cool, but that gets lumped together with everything because I listen to music as a whole.

hell, Nonpoint is about pollution.

grow up, kids! I don't mean to be hating or anything, this isn't a personal attack. I just feel that people will be missing out on a great band.

and for the record, I am an Atheist. But I'm not one of those racist elitist types

Quote by Sein und Zeit
What Believer clearly failed to understand is that there is a relationship between sound and content in metal, and especially, between the way the music is structured and what the music means. It's probably the single most common mistake of crap metal bands of all varieties: they never really get beyond mimicking or expanding upon the technique of their influences to grasping that technique is a means to an end, not an end in itself. As a consequence, their music is always an exercise in sounding like rather than sounding about: they always miss out on the coherence and expressive lucidity that separates the artists from the wannabes.

As I've already mentioned, this is a common mistake, but it's especially unsurprising from a group whose interest in metal is really limited to its possible utility as a tool for religious propaganda.

How about you shut the fuck up or discuss the actual music?

I'm simply sick of religious discussions in the metal forum.
Philosophy > Life
So, basically, you're arguing that two messages from one member constitute the bulk of the thread, even though almost all of the discussion by the rest of us has focused on the music?
Page 1 of 3