Greetings from Venezuela! I've recently record with guitar rig 2. Someone told to give a try to amplitube 2, wich I did. It actually sounded very good, but somewhere i read that you can't record with amplitube 2 as a standalone application! Is that true? If it is i think that guitar rig 2 beats it totally 'cause with it I just set the metronome and record anything without worrying about using another application to record at the same time.

What do you think?

Thanks
I'm not big on either of these plugins. I just don't like the way they sound.

Stand alone is good for someone just messing around in the bedroom. However, having a full program to program drums, add samples, etc is a lot of power you are missing out on...if you so desire.

That's my opinion anyway.

Brandon
Amplitude is utterly awful.

I've not used guitar rig extensively, but i've been able to get a few decenct sounds out of it, which is more than can be said for amplitude.

The best guitar simulator I've come accross is amp farm. it's awesome.
hello dudes, ive got all my equipment and stuff pretty much set for gigging etc, just wanted to ask a few questions about amplitube, i have alot of spare time and i originally bought it as a small room stuffing around on sort of thing, just wanted to know how i use it to record? i have the registered version of tracksion and in the manual it says

"Open Tracktion, add a new track and then simply drag the icon labeled new filter... (that is located above the filter section), and drop it in front of the volume/pan filter area. Now the new filter icon is glowing red.
Once the new filter icon has been dropped in the selected area, a list of available
filters will appear.
Choose AmpliTube 2 Live."

however this option never appears wen i do it, also amplitube and tracksion cant be open and working fully while both are running,

any help appreciated, other programs etc.. thankyou
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
You have to tell the Tracktion software where to find the Amplitube VST. Try looking in Mycomputer/C:drive/Program Files/VST Plugins That's where I keep all my VST plugins. When I open Tracktion it auto scans the directory for new plugins. then when I do the new filter thing all my new plugins are listed including amplitube.

Brian Apocalypse- It sounds awful because you don't know how to use it. Listen to the Slash Tone test in my sig. A perfect dead on balls accurate sim of Slash's tone using Amplitube.
Quote by magicninja_
Brian Apocalypse- It sounds awful because you don't know how to use it. Listen to the Slash Tone test in my sig. A perfect dead on balls accurate sim of Slash's tone using Amplitube.

You must be the only person who's ever spelt my name right.

You can get good tones with amplitube if you play around for a while, and, of course if you know how to use it.

I just find it too muddy despite how much I play with the EQ, gain, cab types etc.

Compare this to amp farm, which I also don't know how to use. I got a nice Hendrix sound, and even better, a Johnny Thunders sound with plenty of mid and clarity.

That said, I'm not big on Amp Simulators, I don't think that any of them have owt on real amps.

Still, each to his own, I spose.