yeah, prolly one of the most overrated bands ever, go with pearl jam and stp instead
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
They're from from "The Greatest", despite my distaste for them, I can accept that they were a great band which contributed a lot to the music scene (even if it was bad music).
I love Nirvana..probably cuz it was so simple...idk.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i think they are a bit overrated but they have alot of good songs like heart shaped box. if u like them check out AiC, soundgarden, and pearl jam.
True ThrashMan981....concider Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and also Candlebox (they're also from the Seattle scene).

Quote by cris9288
nirvana destroyed rock n' roll...in my completely unbiased opinion

WTF?
80's bands destroyed rock n' roll....
not that i'm saying they were bad (80's bands) but the music just changed.

Nirvana is one of my favorite grunge bands, but Alice in Chains is by far THE BEST grunge band of all time and one of the best bands period. Pearl Jam..not so much.
Gear: Schecter Damien FR
15W Crate amp
Danelectro FAB Distortion pedal
Quote by rizo299
This thread is a bit curve-full, as in it has lots of curves, but no point.
Quote by evening_crow
WTF?
80's bands destroyed rock n' roll....
not that i'm saying they were bad (80's bands) but the music just changed.

yeah, rock was on it's way down already in the eighties, i'll give you that, with glam rock and hair bands, just too much, there were good ones though, Guns n' Roses of course, and some others, haha i seriously can't think of any off the top of my head, but i know there are more, scorpions, motley crue, skid row, but there were too many bands that were just like wft? but nirvana and grunge just did it in man, that's just what i think
I listen to all those main three, AiC, PJ, and most especially Nirvana.

Alice in Chains is ok, but they're a little too airy for me.

Pearl Jam is awesome, I love them alot and Eddie Vedder is a wizard, I listen to PJ a whole lot.

But nirvana just has that one little thing, that magic thing that so few other bands have. And the lyrics feel really from Kurts heart, they feel real, and even thouh if you actually read what they are, they may seem a little rambly, most of them have a deeper meaning. They're a downright good band!

Although Pearl Jam is probably the best in overall talent, in terms that they don't play any simple stuff.

Again, I'm not big on AiC
Quote by cris9288
yeah, rock was on it's way down already in the eighties, i'll give you that, with glam rock and hair bands, just too much, there were good ones though, Guns n' Roses of course, and some others, haha i seriously can't think of any off the top of my head, but i know there are more, scorpions, motley crue, skid row, but there were too many bands that were just like wft? but nirvana and grunge just did it in man, that's just what i think

They were really part of the whole Punk rock thing actually, which DID kill rock, but Nirvanas not soley responsible for that.
i agree the 80s destroyed rocknroll

and nirvana is great not the greatest, i love nirvana but they're not the greatest

but they were the best grunge band
Sorry to burst ur little ignorant, naive, and possible self-denying minds...but Nirvana did not kill rock music. Nirvana actually saved it since sales records and fans where being lost by the end of the 80's. When they came around, they brought back a lot of people into the rock scene and raised record sales. So...like it or not, they made a great contribution to rock music and helped it survive.

Nirvana is a pretty badass band.

sure, they weren't the best musicians around, and yeah, their popularity was boosted by kurt's death. but the music they made was still pretty much the shiznite.
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
I love how people say they're overrated. Overrated by who? I've never heard anyone say that Kurt was a guitar virtuoso or Krist or Dave were the best at what they did as musicians. You can play almost the whole Nirvana catalog with barre chords. Does that mean they didn't make great music? I say anyone who can become the highest earning dead person, sell millions of records, and change the whole music scene forever, or "destroy rock and roll", with a few simple chords and soft/loud dynamics should earn them at least the respect of a great band, whether you like the music or not.