What kind of guitar is Aaron Barrett (lead singer/guitarist of Reel Big Fish) playing in this low quality live video bootleg???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZN7zWUReeI

It looks like a Les Paul double cut copy, but it is an arched top style, not Solid like Gibson's dc's. It also has a burst finish on the body and head. The head is also not a Gibson head, the top looks flat. And the pickguard is the flat, triangular kind of a regular Les Paul, not the odd shape of a regular dc.

Barrett isn't usually one to play custom guitars, he usually just plays stock, readily available guitars.

So does anyone have any idea what kind it is?
Last edited by gonegonegone at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by gonegonegone
What kind of guitar is Aaron Barrett (lead singer/guitarist of Reel Big Fish) playing in this low quality live video bootleg???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZN7zWUReeI

It looks like a Les Paul double cut copy, but it is an arched top style, not Solid like Gibson's dc's. It also has a burst finish on the body and head. The head is also not a Gibson head, the top looks flat. And the pickguard is the flat, triangular kind of a regular Les Paul, not the odd shape of a regular dc.

Barrett isn't usually one to play custom guitars, he usually just plays stock, readily available guitars.

So does anyone have any idea what kind it is?

it looks to be a double cutaway les paul looking at the the way both sides cut off both look like the same cuts a les paul has
Its ugly.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

i looked at a seperate vid. on youtube and it looks like the headstock says epiphone,so im sure its an epi,it has the gibson style headstock,but it might be a bit longer...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
It's a gibson, or at least the one in that photo is
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
it looks to be a double cutaway les paul looking at the the way both sides cut off both look like the same cuts a les paul has

Could be an Ibanez Artist series?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Wow i can be helpful for once!

The answer is to be found here on UG

What guitars do you play?

Right now I have a guitar, it’s a Gordon Smith. It’s from England. It’s really awesome. It’s a lot like a Les Paul. The neck is like really thin and I love it. It’s like my old Ibanez Shredder guitars, but it sounds like a Gibson, so it’s awesome.

there you have it. a gordon smith. I do believe it's a "gypsy 2" model

see here: http://www.fairplay.demon.co.uk/
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
those are some neat-o guitars...ive never relle listened to RBF,but im beginning to like them...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
I would guess an ibanez artist
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
might be? i was just hazarding a guess. pretty sure its a gordon smith though
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?