ijust had the realazation that im the only hippie i know, are there more, im not alone am i?
um no bro i'm a hippie I love being one to! Though I was the only person who walked around my school with long hair a tye dye
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
it sucks cuz im on a hick town, so i get almost as little respect as the ONE emoish kid in school
yeah, im a hippie.

lolz, fuck that. im joking. im not a hippie.

grow up.

you cant be a hippie anymore.

you can only be a dirty kid with long hair that dresses funny.
I am not a hippie. I dont know, I never really got into it. Guess I just never got that high...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by daytripper75
yeah, im a hippie.

lolz, fuck that. im joking. im not a hippie.

grow up.

you cant be a hippie anymore.

you can only be a dirty kid with long hair that dresses funny.

does a hippy have to be dirty? i shower twice a day.
Quote by timesharescam

Twice a day?! Dude, all you need is to shower once a day
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by cubs
whats happens if you get that stuff on your shirt? cus yesterday i was at a party and i got some on my shirt, will the stains go off?
Quote by timesharescam

dude, then you are definitely not a hippy. just a wannabe.
I live in an hick town to, though i was basiclly the only hippie everybody loved me for the most part. My friends think im funny as hell, the jocks and stuff thought i was cool cause well i'm a stoned hippie. For the most part i was the stoned hippie who skipped class to play guitar in the bathroom. I've never heard of an emo hippie though.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
yup, right her brotha. Peace.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by smokedajs420
bro your not alone ITS TIME FOR THE ****IN RE REVOLUTION

^moron
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
Dude.. I know man. Im there
Like all the way into the depths of clarity.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
i think being the eccentric flower in your hair, lets goto the Haight kinda hippie is just moronic now-a-days. It's not relevant to you, it was relevant to your parents/grandparents generation. However, you can still be a hippie, I'm just saying why be the cliched stereotypical version (unkempt, flower in your hair, tye-dye, sandals, long hair, head band, sunglasses)? Im not. However I do 90 percent of the thing "original" hippies did, other than the generational things (ie fashion, lingo). I think people need to focus more on hippie ideals than the material part of it. I know many a people who dress in a "hippie-esque" fashion, yet have no idea what hippies stood for. It was a very generational and situation specific thing. But i think we can semi relate to it. (Ex kids were tired of living in the suburbs, didnt want to grow up to have the "all-american family", and were worried about an unneccesary war) Maybe not doing those kind of things dosent "make me a hippie", but its by far the closest thing that i can relate to.
Quote by Sound_Garden_X
I live in an hick town to, though i was basiclly the only hippie everybody loved me for the most part. My friends think im funny as hell, the jocks and stuff thought i was cool cause well i'm a stoned hippie. For the most part i was the stoned hippie who skipped class to play guitar in the bathroom. I've never heard of an emo hippie though.

i think you misunder stood, we have one emoish dude in our school, i hang out with him somtimes, im not an emo
Quote by timesharescam
it sucks cuz im on a hick town, so i get almost as little respect as the ONE emoish kid in school

Hippies call people emo? LIEZ!
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by rock_and_blues
i think being the eccentric flower in your hair, lets goto the Haight kinda hippie is just moronic now-a-days. It's not relevant to you, it was relevant to your parents/grandparents generation. However, you can still be a hippie, I'm just saying why be the cliched stereotypical version (unkempt, flower in your hair, tye-dye, sandals, long hair, head band, sunglasses)? Im not. However I do 90 percent of the thing "original" hippies did, other than the generational things (ie fashion, lingo). I think people need to focus more on hippie ideals than the material part of it. I know many a people who dress in a "hippie-esque" fashion, yet have no idea what hippies stood for. It was a very generational and situation specific thing. But i think we can semi relate to it. (Ex kids were tired of living in the suburbs, didnt want to grow up to have the "all-american family", and were worried about an unneccesary war) Maybe not doing those kind of things dosent "make me a hippie", but its by far the closest thing that i can relate to.

thanks man, you may be the first guy i know who gets it. thanks
If you mean "hippie" as in everyone smoking weed, and having long hair...believe me, your not alone.
I'm growing my hair out and I take showers every other days...

Do I qualify?

*crosses fingers*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Hippie is an attitude, not a fashion statement.
Nobody here gets it but rock_and_blues

I do wear tye dye, and don't shave as often as I should (twice a week maybe), and my hair is well...not long, but past my shoulders.
But I'm 46 and have been this way for a lot longer than most of you here have been alive.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Feb 5, 2007,
Quote by CodeMonk
Hippie is an attitude, not a fashion statement.
Nobody here gets it but rock_and_blues

i get it too but i was too lazy to type all that shit out.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
when somebody sais hippy, why do people think 60s and 70s? like codemonk said, its an attitude, a lifestyle for some (myself included)
i have long hair, smoke pot occasionally, and listen to some hippie music, so i can appear kind of hippieish at times. i get called a hippie a lot; however, i wouldn't say i live the hippie lifestyle at all.
Quote by timesharescam
when somebody sais hippy, why do people think 60s and 70s? like codemonk said, its an attitude, a lifestyle for some (myself included)

because people are fuctards who can only visualize something based on a stereotype.

"hey look! that guy has long hair, looks high, is wearing sandals....must be a hippie"

of-course hippies brought it upon themselves. i know "hippies" who beg for a revolution again, yet they live like its 1967. It's not dude....just shut up. There will never be another "hippie-boom" unless the new generations of "hippies" get with it, ditch the stereotype, and employ the actual ideals based around the initial movement. There is a big difference between acting and being. Most folks who act are not being....most folks who are being do not act.
I consider myself a hippie not just because I wear mainly all hemp clothes, goto 3 day long jam festivals, eat organic food, do yoga, and repect everyone and there ideals and goals. I live like a hippie I dont shave and have few material objects other then my guitar. But just cause im not out there revolutionizing for peace doesn't make a non-hippie. I live the way I do because the hippie ideal is to live how you want and accept others for they're way of living.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
exactly, im referring to the mass number of people who are the opposite of you (sound_garden_x) and i. they take their upperclass ideals of materialism and applied it to hippie fashion. they know nothing of the ideals or what the initial movement in the 60s was about. those people are not hippies, and they give the movement a bad name and feed the stereotype of what a hippie is. I honestly think we need to discontinue usage of the word "hippie", because look at the initial hippie movement. It was teenagers who took what the beat generation was saying to the next level. I say thats what needs to be done now, it will weave out those who know what they are doing/talking about and those who are just dumbasses
rofl

By most of you people's standards, I'm a hippy.

And I'm not.

Society's perceptions of 'hippies' has changed so much, it's not even relevant.

And hippies never got anything done, anyway.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
me.
Come you masters of war,
You who build the big guns
You who build all the planes
You who build all the bombs