I've been looking around at sum Mesa amp...the Dual and Tripple rectrifiers in particular.

I havent gotten a chance to play them...but before I do...I kind of want some info.

For about how much $$$ do they run for new in the US.

plus what is the differance between them, yes ik 1 has 100w other has 150 and the 150w has obviously more tubes. Does this affect the sound at all. Also I've heard teh dual runs smoother then the tripple....
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
yeah the dual is smoother. it sonds a lot better at lower volumes too, you don't have to crank it to get the sound you want out of it, yet it only sounds better when it is cranked up onstage
edit: oh and i paid $2100 Canadian for the head
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
They run $1699 and $1799. The Triple will have more clean headroom, but essentially neither is louder than the other.
Quote by El Codyo
They sound exactly the same.

yea, but when cranked = difference.

All you have to do is take out two of the tubes out of the Triple, and there ya go, Dual Rectifier.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
if by the remote chance, a person owns both
he or she should post soundclips comparing them

i'd like to know the difference too

EDIT: I just realized that i'm insane...i mean why would someone own a dual and trople rectifier...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by cerveza
yeah the dual is smoother. it sonds a lot better at lower volumes too, you don't have to crank it to get the sound you want out of it, yet it only sounds better when it is cranked up onstage
edit: oh and i paid $2100 Canadian for the head

No. They sound exactly the same. No, the Dual isnt 'better' at low volumes. Just doesnt work like that.

Quote by El Codyo
They sound exactly the same.

THANK YOU.
Quote by guitarrocka205
yea, but when cranked = difference.

All you have to do is take out two of the tubes out of the Triple, and there ya go, Dual Rectifier.

NO. There would be NO DIFFERENCE when cranked. Heres why: By the time you could classify either amp as being "cranked" - THEY WOULD BOTH BE WAY TOO LOUD ANYWAYS.

Mesa Rectifiers are modern high gain amps. They do not need to be "cranked" - as you kids love to call it nowadays - to get their sound. Loud yes, power tube saturation not so much. Not even so much on the Single. Youd be surprised at how loud that thing can go before you start to feel the power tubes break up.

Also, DO NOT PULL TUBES ON THE TRIPLE RECTIFIER. It is not made to do that. You can do it with the Dual Rectifier ONLY.

I never want to see the word "cranked" here again - its so misused.
Last edited by kurdtkobaign at Feb 6, 2007,
for distortion i prefer the cripple rectumfryer.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 6, 2007,
^Mesa hater alert.....

Personally, I love the Recto sound......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
^Mesa hater alert.....

Personally, I love the Recto sound......

no not at all, i just find a gain knob on a clean channel disgusting, so it's the same with marshalls.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
^You just gotta know how to use it, I get a sparkling clean at insane volume levels. Just gotta tweak it.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by kurdtkobaign
No. They sound exactly the same. No, the Dual isnt 'better' at low volumes. Just doesnt work like that.

Then why would you waste money on the triple?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

Because he can, thats why.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by FacingUsAll

Some people like the extra clean headroom. I need super loud cleans...like clean cleans with no break up at all.
Hey Kurt you got any clips of your recto
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
For how much US does a Dual run for??? around 1500??

I recently moved and my local guitar center dosent carry mesas like the other guitar centers do so getting my ass off to a store is not as easy as before
Quote by punk n' metal

hey which ones are your recto and which the 900
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
So can anyone tell me an approximate price for the Dual??
Quote by punk n' metal

Psh, I thought I'd get away with $1900 when buying my Roadster head. Wrong-o.

$2012.94 after tax (or something like that)
^ I was thinking about trading my Triple Recto + a couple hundred cash for the Roaster. If I do, I hope its worth it...which of course it will be. A 4 channel Recto with all the features of the Road King plus independent reverb on each channel!? YOU CANT GO WRONG!
Quote by M3T4L69
So can anyone tell me an approximate price for the Dual??

$1100 to $1300 used on Ebay :]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!