not a question exactly made for the guitar site but this is the pit right? so I am thinking about future life. And one of them is being a sniper in the marine corp. But awhile ago I heard that snipers were warned and protested against to be married if they were a sniper. My question is can you be married and be a sniper? I mean would the marines not let you become a sniper if you are married or demote you from sniper if you get married? I was just wondering cuz i have been thinking about it. Im not going to gone the marines for college even though I will be smart and take the oppertunity to use the money I am granted. I just want to be a sniper.
Quote by RKK29573
not a question exactly made for the guitar site but this is the pit right? so I am thinking about future life. And one of them is being a sniper in the marine corp. But awhile ago I heard that snipers were warned and protested against to be married if they were a sniper. My question is can you be married and be a sniper? I mean would the marines not let you become a sniper if you are married or demote you from sniper if you get married? I was just wondering cuz i have been thinking about it. Im not going to gone the marines for college even though I will be smart and take the oppertunity to use the money I am granted. I just want to be a sniper.

I laughed my ass off when I read that.

Back to the subject, I don't see why you can't be married. it just doesn't make sense.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Well, first you have to go to MEPS to see if you can become a sniper. You must have good eyesight, not be color blind, and get past all MEPS tests. MEPS is the background check, body physical, blood test, and drug test.

I don't think the Marines could demote you for being married. It might be strongly discouraged.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
yeah, its a discourage thing. because thats a pretty heavy connection, and you'll be going all around the world for months at a time, and more than likely, they won't want ur significant other to know where you're at.

but there are exceptions. so go for it!
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
The reason they say that is due to the nature of the way a sniper kills. A sniper is focused and briefed on one and only one target, sometimes this target is married. If you are married, they are indeed scared you will sympathize with the target, puss out, and fail the mission like an idiot.
UG Blues Mafia
Founding Members: Forklifterer, Steve Cropper, Crzyrckgtrst28, and TNfootballfan62

Member of the Anti-Whammy-Bar-Solo Club
Hmmm.....there was a sniper from the Marine Corps. on UG a while back....I suppose he was deployed. TOo bad he's not around anymore, he likely could have answered all of your queestions.

But to be a sniper you have to be special.....you have to have terriffic eyesight and aim, observational abilities, problem solving/decision making skills, great instincts etc.

You have to be a special person to be a sniper at least, not anyone can be one.

Of course this is all speculation. I doubt that I am wrong in this, but if someone with military experience or knowledge wants to correct me, feel free to do so....
Quote by RKK29573

Considering how dangerous being a sniper is they might not, because of psychological impacts that it would have. Also you have to be Ub3r 1337 to even make it to sniper school.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah, and you have to be in pretty amazing physical condition. You also have to go to recon marine training (marine special forces) and do a bunch of other hardcore trainging stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by the_experience
Hmmm.....there was a sniper from the Marine Corps. on UG a while back....I suppose he was deployed. TOo bad he's not around anymore, he likely could have answered all of your queestions.

But to be a sniper you have to be special.....you have to have terriffic eyesight and aim, observational abilities, problem solving/decision making skills, great instincts etc.

You have to be a special person to be a sniper at least, not anyone can be one.

Of course this is all speculation. I doubt that I am wrong in this, but if someone with military experience or knowledge wants to correct me, feel free to do so....

^ That was Toxicity. He gave me some interesting advice. It is because of him I am interested in becoming a USMC Scout Sniper. Cool guy. He went to Iraq some time ago, and he either died, isn't back, or just doesn't like the internet anymore.

If you're married, you shouldn't be joining. I have been in love, and I can't imagine putting my country, or even my species, in front of my love. If you have a marriage of convenience/you're both vapid and dull, then it's one thing. If you have a serious marriage, then you just aren't devoted enough. For my standards, anywho.

The Marines won't give you the money or benefits the Army gives you. This is because so many people want to become Marines, they don't have to work as hard for recruits. Saying you're a Marine simply sounds more romantic and intimidating than saying you're in the Army. Unless you're in the Delta force... XD

I'd never join a branch banking on becoming something. Have a fall back plan. You might be in great shape, be a great shot already, have good peripherals and be highly intelligent, and not become a sniper because of something stupid, like eyesight. The Army has more options. Good luck man.
Pfft. Don't be an awp *****, real men use knives.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo